[PT2021] Fall Events!

Wolff, Emma eewolff0228 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Jul 20 21:42:41 EDT 2020

*Physical Therapy Day of Service (PTDOS) *

   - *Actual Day:* October 10th, 2020
   - Service can be conducted between October 9th - 16th
   - Start brainstorming ideas that we can do *as a class* to reach out to
   our community (rural) and help bring awareness about Campbell PT and PT in
   gerneral. This is a NATIONWIDE event and more than 18,000 people
   participated last year.
   - This can be virtual or in-person depending on the situation and ideas
   we gather.
   - *Please reach out to me with any ideas you may have!* Any hours count
   - Here is the link for PTDOS:  http://ptdayofservice.com/
   - In September, there will be an official flyer sent out... be on the
   lookout!
   - Also, I attached a flyer that has events to spark your interest in
   service!

*North Carolina Outreach Challange*

   - Due: October 14th, 2020
   - This a community service *CHALLANGE* between all NC PTA and PT schools
   - Let's give Campbell some credit this year!
   - If you complete *ANY FORM* of community service *( that is NOT
   required for service learning, sorry!) *please either let me know, or
   fill out this form: out:
   https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe94rSXmwju9N6p2HJshQ180cjvaAI-mdxGpBNKKUDTZt1Q2A/viewform

*Penny Wars*

   - This is a tradition between PT schools in NC
   - *Simple: the most pennies WIN*
   - You can put dollar bills or other change to decrease scores for other
   schools
   - We are looking into a virtual, online website for this..... so stay
   tuned! :)

That is all for now, look out for emails after the Fall semester starts for
flyers, and more information regarding community outreach and service! Let
me know if you have any other questions! :) Good luck on finals!

Emma

*Emma E. Wolff, SPT *
Doctor of Physical Therapy 2021 | Campbell University
CU DPT Pro Bono Clinic |  Operations Committee
CU DPT Neurology SIG | Board Member
APTA Member  | Neurology Chapter | Pediatric Chapter
APTA NC SSIG | Community Service Project Committee
Contact: (910)-233-1105 | eewolff0228 at campbell.edu