[PT2021] Class Clinical Rotation Questions

Shearin, Heidi shearin at campbell.edu
Mon Jul 20 12:30:09 EDT 2020

Students,

We understand your stress and feel the same!  The good news is that we are moving forward as described in our meeting, where other programs are facing lapses in the educational process.  We are sending updates to individual students as soon as information develops related to any new requirements or changes.  As for a general update, that is what we have been doing with these conference calls.  Normally, students are told the lottery will proceed in August after conclusion of the summer semester.  Your class is actually ahead of the process and has completed more meetings about it.  I am happy to send general updates, but common issues have not been the norm.    I prefer not to get locked into a schedule of updates.  I am happy to hold more virtual meetings to allow questions which can then be sent out to the cohort.  You should all be aware that once the lottery is completed, the Clinical Education Team will need a week or two to finalize assignments.  Once that process is coming to completion, a group email will go out with a timeframe for review and questions.  Individual emails will notify students of their assignments.

As for the lottery questions, yes every student must complete it.

  *   If you have a confirmed site, enter in first option.
     *   You do not need to rank others.
     *   You should not list sites to explore in Upstream.
  *   If you have a developing site not yet confirmed, you have been receiving updates from me.
     *   Follow the individual instruction sent in my emails as appropriate for your particular circumstances.
     *   Rank other choices
     *   Include other location of Upstream if desired as next step
     *   Should sites not be confirmed by the time the lottery is due and we are reviewing for assignments, we will use the rankings to proceed.
  *   After looking at available options, if you want to explore a new location withing the Upstream family, you should list that first.

Understand that the time to explore multiple Upstream sites will be 1-2 weeks.  This means that the assignments may take 2-3 weeks for completion.

After you all receive the lottery, feel free to send common questions again before you answer the lottery.

Dr. Shearin