[PT2021] TBI Guest Speaker Survey

Wolff, Emma eewolff0228 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Jan 15 09:49:21 EST 2021

Good Morning and Happy Friday DPT 1, 2, and 3’s!

First years, I hope you are settling in nicely to the Campbell family and I
look forward to meeting you all eventually!

Second years, I hope your first two weeks of your first clinical is going
awesome, and you are learning so much already!

Third years, hang in there! We are so close to finishing up didactic
material and I am excited for all of us to grow as clinicians on our
terminal clinicals.

First years, you may or may not have been introduced to Student Interest
Groups (SIG’s) yet – the group leaders are planning to hold a virtual
meeting soon where we can talk about all of the SIG options, how to
join/get involved, and we can get to know you all better! There are many
options to choose from including Neuro, Peds, Geriatrics, Acute Care,
Exercise, etc!

Second years, I am sorry that you have not been able to be as involved in
SIGs as we would like due to COVID, but hopefully, people will be more open
to virtual events, now that we all have the hang of this thing!! Last
semester, when I gauged your neurological interest, TBI was the most
requested… so now, I got you!

I am sending this email to all cohorts because I know people’s interests
change all of the time as we continue to grow throughout our schooling, and
I want everyone to feel welcomed to an event I am going to hold for the
Neuro SIG! And since it will be held virtually (Zoom), I know more people
can actually attend than if we were to do it on campus!

I have a guest speaker that would love to share her and her husband’s
journey about his TBI recovery. They are a wonderful couple and really love
to talk to young PTs because they have 8+ years of insight on therapy and
their perspective can really change how we view our patients and how we
treat them. It will be a PPT presentation about their TBI journey, mostly
focusing on physical therapy – and then the floor will be open to any
questions.

I wanted to gauge interest, so please fill out this quick survey about what
days and times will be best for you! And I will coordinate with them to
decide when to do our virtual guest speaker event! :)
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NMJ687Z

Thanks so much and have a great, safe weekend!

*Emma E. Wolff, SPT *
Doctor of Physical Therapy 2021 | Campbell University
CU DPT Student Ambassador
CU DPT Neurology SIG | President
APTA Member  | Neurology Chapter | Pediatric Chapter
APTA NC SSIG | Community Service Project Committee
Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association | Member
*Contact*: (910)-233-1105 | eewolff0228 at campbell.edu
*Pronouns:* she/her/hers