[PT2021] APTA NC SSIG Updates - Student Conclave and National Advocacy Dinner

lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Feb 23 14:48:30 EST 2021

Good Afternoon!

I hope everyone is doing well! And a special welcome back to the second years! I have two updates regarding Student Conclave and the National Advocacy Dinner!

Student Conclave

*	Registration for the Student Conclave is now open (link to Conclave flyer attached to this email)

*	March 20th, Time: 8:30am-3pm, virtually
*	The link to register is here:  <https://viewstub.com/2021-APTA-NC-Student-Conclave> https://viewstub.com/2021-APTA-NC-Student-Conclave

*	Sign up by March 1st to receive the early bird discount

*	Theme: Future of PT in a constantly changing healthcare world

More information regarding this year's Student Conclave:

Student Conclave is created and designed for students by students. This is not going to be another Zoom call that we are sick of by now, rather it will be on a platform called Streamyard as we have partnered with Dr. Jimmy McKay, host of the hit podcast PT Pintcast, to curate a new conference experience and provide the best possible opportunity for engagement between SPTs, SPTAs, speakers, sponsors, and more.

A preview of what the day will look like:

*        Welcome and APTA NC Board of Directors Introductions

*        Advocacy for SPTs and SPTAs

*        Physical Therapy Practice in the Emergency Department

*        Adapting Physical Therapy Management in Acute Care for Patients with COVID-19

*        Now What: Atypical Avenues in Physical Therapy

*        Diagnostic Imaging: Now vs. Future

*        Destination Rehab: Taking PT Outside A Four-Wall Clinic

*        Closing Comments

Early bird registration is open now until March 1st. Early bird tickets are $20 for APTA members and $30 for Non-APTA members. Once March 1st rolls around, tickets jump up to $25 for ATPA Members and $35 for Non-APTA Members.

Additional opportunities throughout the Conclave include:

*        Networking opportunities with students, current PTs/PTAs, and our sponsors

*        Advocacy opportunities to promote the betterment of the profession

*        Community service opportunities to support local food banks and Special Olympics of North Carolina

*        Opportunities to enter sweepstakes for various gift cards and other tangible goods

*        Access to our Virtual Trivia Night

*        Additional learning and connection opportunities

More specific information to come on the Virtual Trivia Night and service events including a Virtual 5K with t-shirts benefitting the NC Special Olympics and food drive benefiting local food banks! You do not want to miss out on this year’s Student Conclave! I promise you that!

National Advocacy Dinner (NAD)

*	Save the date for the NAD (formal save the date attached to this email)

*	April 11th, Time TBD, virtually
*	Discussion topic: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Thanks,

Lauren Scott, SPT

Doctor of Physical Therapy 2021 | Campbell University

CU DPT Geriatric SIG | Co-President

CU DPT Neuro SIG | Board Member

CU DPT SGA | APTA Liaison

CPHS | DPT Tutor

APTA Member | NC SSIG Conclave PC | Neurology Section

lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu