[PT2021] APTA NC SSIG Upcoming Events

lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Sep 1 15:44:51 EDT 2020

Good afternoon,

I hope everyone's fall semester is off to a good start!  There are some
great opportunities to get involved in the profession over the upcoming
months.

Get involved on a Project Committee!

*	Get involved with the APTA NC SSIG by joining a project committee
(NC Student Conclave, Community Service, Engagement, Summer Socials,
Professional Advocacy/PT PAC & Foundation, Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion).
*	See newsletter for application link!

Physical Therapy Day of Service (PTDOS)

*	Actual Day: October 10th, 2020
*	Service can be conducted between October 9th - 16th
*	Start brainstorming ideas that we can do as a class to reach out to
our community (rural) and help bring awareness about Campbell PT and PT in
general. This is a NATIONWIDE event and more than 18,000 people participated
last year.
*	This can be virtual or in-person depending on the situation and
ideas we gather.
*	Please reach out to Emma Wolff (eewolff0228 at email.campbell.edu
<mailto:eewolff0228 at email.campbell.edu> ) with any ideas or questions you
may have! Any hours count
*	Here is the link for PTDOS:  http://ptdayofservice.com/

North Carolina Outreach Challenge

*	Due: October 14th, 2020
*	This a community service CHALLANGE between all NC PTA and PT schools
*	Let's give Campbell some credit this year!
*	If you complete ANY FORM of community service ( that is NOT required
for service learning, sorry!) please either let me know, or fill out this
form: out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe94rSXmwju9N6p2HJshQ180cjvaAI-mdxG
pBNKKUDTZt1Q2A/viewform

Virtual Annual Conference 2020

*	Mark your calendar October 23rd & 24th 2020
*	Click here to register:
https://aptanc.org/event/virtualconference2020

I have attached September's APTA NC SSIG newsletter to this email for
additional information.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Lauren Scott, SPT

Doctor of Physical Therapy 2021 | Campbell University

CU DPT Geriatric SIG | Co-President

CU DPT Neuro SIG | Board Member

CU DPT SGA | APTA Liaison

CPHS | DPT Tutor

APTA Member | NC SSIG Conclave PC | Neurology Section

lascott1221 at email.campbell.edu