[PT2021] CPHS Operations

Olson, Stephanie M solson at campbell.edu
Thu Mar 12 17:16:44 EDT 2020

The following email is sent on behalf of Dean Adams:

Dear CPHS Students:

Based upon an extensive evaluation, Campbell University has decided to adopt a strategy of maximizing health, safety and well-being for our community. We have developed a plan for migration of the majority of the didactic curriculum to an online virtual format.  Based on the guidance from the University, CPHS will move face-to-face classes to remote delivery and/or an online format.

The major components of our educational response plan include the following:

  1.  We will shift all lecture-based and didactic content to an online format utilizing Panopto video recordings and corresponding PowerPoint slides.  As you are aware, we have a rich history of successfully utilized video capture recording systems to share classes with students who may have missed classes or for a review.

Panopto allows the faculty to have the ability and flexibility to complete recordings from work or home.  There are also other online tools available to you in BlackBoard that faculty may utilize to enhance your learning experience.

  1.  It is critical to note that laboratory activities, objective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs) and other hands-on activities may or may not be approved to meet in small face-to-face cohorts. However, if cancelation is needed, we will reschedule or find alternative methods of delivery.  The course director, in consultation with the program director, will develop a plan to meet the instructional requirements.  Course directors will communicate the final plan for each course.

One strategy, for example in the Pharm D program, is that PPS & PPC labs for each block can easily be completed during a single 8-hour day (or two 4-hour days, etc.) at the end of the block-perhaps even a weekend day if needed.  Regularly scheduled quizzes will likely be administered using Blackboard.  The quizzes will allow you to identify areas that are problematic, and it will be critical for you to convey these areas to your instructors.  We highly recommend utilizing the features found in Blackboard.  Please stay in contact and participate in the discussion boards, collaborate and other tools as utilized by faculty.

  1.  Exams during the block or semester (at least while the situation requires) will be administered here at CPHS in order to maintain the integrity of exam administration, content, and outcomes.  The current plan is to have students return to campus in small cohorts at assigned times during the day to take the exam. This will allow us to maintain recommended social distancing principles by spreading each cohort out across our small group rooms, classrooms and lecture halls.  This will be communicated in a timely manner by the program directors.

  1.  Please know that CU and CPHS operations will likely continue and successful implementation of this plan will require full-time employees to come to work as is typical each day and we are here to assist and help you through this challenging time.

For best practices and latest information regarding Covid-19, please refer to the CDC website  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Many details will need to be worked through as we transition down this new road together. Fortunately, we have already implemented some of this plan on a smaller scale during hurricanes and snow days.

Thank you for your trust and patience. Please work with your program directors if you have any questions.

On behalf of the entire CPHS leadership team,

Michael Adams, Dean
Scott Asbill, Associate Dean Academic Affairs
Jim Boyd, Associate Dean Administration
Paige Brown, Assistant Dean IPE
Mark Moore, Associate Dean Admissions
Wesley Rich, Associate Dean Health Sciences
Charles Carter, Clinical Research
Greg Dedrick, Physical Therapy
Nancy Duffy, Nursing
David Eagerton, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Betty Lynne Johnson, Physician Assistant
Bryon May, Pharmacy Practice
David Tillman, Public Health

Michael L. Adams, PharmD, PhD | Campbell University
Dean, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
205 Day Dorm Rd, Room 101
PO Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC  27506
*: 910.893.1686 |*: adamsm at campbell.edu<mailto:adamsm at campbell.edu>

[College_of_Pharmacy_and_Health_Sciences-Horizontal-Align---Print half crop]