[Phar25] FW: Announcement for trip to the University of AZ - Medical Spanish

Stamey, Shirl R sstamey at campbell.edu
Tue Dec 14 15:48:02 EST 2021

Hello!

If you are interested in the opportunity below, reach out to Dr. Ortiz.

Shirl Stamey
Student Affairs Coordinator | Office of Admissions & Student Affairs
Campbell University | College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Pronouns: she/her/hers
e:sstamey at campbell.edu<mailto:sstamey at campbell.edu>  | t:(910) 893-1692<tel:%28910%29%20893-1692>
Please click here<https://campbell.starfishsolutions.com/starfish-ops/dl/instructor/serviceCatalog.html?bookmark=connection/2317781/schedule> to schedule an appointment!
PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system. There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you.

The Campbell/ University of Arizona 2-day Medical Spanish Interpreter Training Trip has been approved.  This is a perfect fit for students who are interested in gaining skills in medical terminology and conversational Spanish while experiencing the Great Southwest.

Students graduating in May are still eligible to join us.  The tuition if $400 and includes course materials and 2 days of training.  After the training, students receive certificates from the UA for 16 hours of training in Medical Spanish Interpretation.  Lodging for students is $350 per student for the four-night hotel stay.  This includes a full menu complimentary breakfast for each of the mornings we are there.

The date for payment of tuition and hotel would be just after mid-term break in the Spring, 2022 semester, most likely mid-March - to be announced.  We would arrive in Tucson on Monday, May 16th (2 days after graduation) and the training is on Tues and Wed May 17th and 18th, 2022.  Topics include professional protocol, major diseases/illnesses, anatomy, and rural medicine.  We will have a short field trip on Thursday May 19th to an outdoor desert museum, scenic canyon, or nearby town. and on the last day there, May 20th, we are taking students to the airport, or if their schedule allows, on a last run for souvenirs on 4th Avenue.  On the 20th students would be returning to NC or traveling to their chosen destination.

I am putting together a preliminary list of participants and we have a few spaces left.  We have reserved 7 rooms at the Best Western Royal Sun in Tucson with plans as usual for 2 students per room (Total of 10 students).  I and Dr. Jones in Foreign Languages also plan to attend.  This will be our 9th trip and training.   I will send out informational emails soon to those who are interested in joining us.  Interested students or faculty, please contact me at ortiz at campbell.edu<mailto:ortiz at campbell.edu>

Kind regards,

Ann Ortiz
www.nci.arizona.edu<http://www.nci.arizona.edu/>

National Center for Interpretation | University of Arizona<http://www.nci.arizona.edu/>
NCI is a leader in the field of interpreter training. Founded in 1979, The National Center for Interpretation Testing, Research and Policy (NCI) at The University of Arizona is dedicated to ensuring language access to Limited-English Persons.
www.nci.arizona.edu<http://www.nci.arizona.edu>

Helen Ann Ortiz, PhD, CMI
Associate Professor of Spanish
Certified Medical Spanish Interpreter