[Law25] 1L Mock Trial Competition Registration

Healy, Maeve G mhealy at campbell.edu
Tue Jan 3 13:49:30 EST 2023

1L Students,

First, Happy New Year! I hope you all had a relaxing holiday break and feel ready for your second semester of law school.

I am writing to follow-up regarding the 1L Kilpatrick Townsend Mock Trial Competition hosted by UNC Law. The competition will be held at UNC Law School January 20th-22nd. As I mentioned in my previous email, this is a great opportunity for you to get a taste of what participating in competitive advocacy as a second-year law student would be like and to decide if you would like to pursue a career in advocacy. Moreover, it is a fun way to gain trial experience with your friends against fellow first-year law students from other NC law schools.

If you wish to participate, your team should be made up of 4-6 1L students. To sign-up, one person from your team should email a list of all team members to Madison Gladwell at maddyg at ad.unc.edu<mailto:maddyg at ad.unc.edu>. The deadline for registration is January 15th at 11:59 PM. The registration fee is $3 per team member and will need to be paid on the first day of the competition.

The Competitive Advocacy program hopes that you will take advantage of this great opportunity! I have attached the materials for the competition below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email (mhealy at campbell.edu<mailto:mhealy at campbell.edu>) or stop by my office this week (303D).

Sincerely,

Maeve Healy
Wallace Advocacy Fellow
Campbell University School of Law
Office: 919-865-5893 | Cell: 704-989-8079