[Law24] APPLY NOW! Spring 2023 Externships

Fonville, Niya T nfonville at campbell.edu
Mon Sep 19 15:16:54 EDT 2022

Students,

While spring externships have already been advertised in Symplicity for a month or so, I want to let you know that the bulk of our spring opportunities launched last week and are now uploaded into the system. We have created the chart below to help provide a quick glance at available experiences. Please note these are representatives of placements we have an ongoing partnership with. Others will be posted throughout the semester as we are contacted by organizations, and they may post positions themselves. To that end, I encourage you to periodically check Symplicity for opportunities. Finally, I have attached an information sheet about externships in case you have questions.

NOTE: If you end up at a civil legal services organization (i.e. Legal Aid of NC, Disability Rights NC, Catholic Charities, Transitional Support Legal Aid, etc.) consider applying for an Equal Justice America spring fellowship to provide you with a little compensation. More information can be found here: https://equaljusticeamerica.org/index.php/applications.

Spring 2023 Externships
(KEY: R = resume, CL = cover letter, UT = unofficial transcript, WS =writing sample)
*** = Additional Summer Externship Opportunity
Job Title
Employer Name
Symplicity
ID #
Eligible Applicants
Required Application Materials
Due Date
Spring Extern
Catholic Charities Diocese of Raleigh - Immigration Legal Service Program
#15929
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, RL
Oct 16th  (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Spring Extern
- Judge Bell
Tenth Judicial District (Wake County)
#16013
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 10th
Spring Extern - Legislative Analysis Division
North Carolina General Assembly
#17734
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS

Undergrad Transcript
Oct 14th
***Summer Extern - Legislative Analysis Division
North Carolina General Assembly
#17736
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS

Undergrad Transcript
Oct 14th
Spring Extern
- Judge McAfee
US Bankruptcy Court for the EDNC
#17633
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS, Reference List
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
- Judge Frank Whitney
US District Court for the WDNC (Charlotte)
#15472
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Intern/Extern
Chiesi USA, Inc.
#16821
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT
Oct 16th
Spring Extern - Justice Barringer
Supreme Court of North Carolina
#17729
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Extern - Consumer Protection
NC DOJ
#15985
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, RL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern - Labor Section
NC DOJ
#15986
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern - Education Section
NC DOJ - Education Section
#15987
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
DA’s Office (Orange/Chatham) District 15B
#15988
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
Office of the Public Defender - District 3A
#15989
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
City Attorney’s Office - City of Durham
#15990
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS
Oct 16th (Outside application)
Spring Extern
Town of Cary
#15992
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Intern/Extern
NC Community College System
#15993
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Intern/Extern
NC Department of Health and Human Services
#15994
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 10th
Spring Extern
North Carolina Healthcare Association
#15996
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
NC State Bureau of Investigation
#15997
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
Workplace Options
#15998
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Spring Extern - Patent Group
SAS Institute
#15999
C/O 2023
C.O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
Global Knowledge
#16000
C.O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT
Oct 16th
Spring Pro Bobo Extern/Law Clerk
Smith Dominguez PLLC
#16001
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Intern/Extern
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
#16002
C.O 2023
C/O 2024
R, WS
Oct 16th (Outside application)
Spring Intern/Extern
The Law Office of Neubia L Harris, PLLC
#16003
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Intern/Extern
Break Bread Ventures
#16004
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT
Oct 16th (Outside application)
Spring Extern
Disability Rights North Carolina
#16005
C/O 2023
C.O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI)
#16007
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th (Outside application)
Spring Extern
The Select Group
#16008
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, UT
Oct 16th (Application reviewed on a rolling basis)
Spring Extern - Battered Immigrant Project
Legal Aid of NC (Raleigh, NC)
#16009
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS (optional)
Oct 16th (Application reviewed on a rolling basis)
Spring Extern - The Child’s Advocate
The Child’s Advocate - Legal Aid of NC
#16010
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th (Application reviewed on a rolling basis)
Spring Extern - Family Law Section
Legal Aid of NC (Raleigh, NC)
#16011
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL
Oct 16th
Spring Extern
Legal Aid of NC (Raleigh, NC)
#16012
C/O 2023
C/O 2024
R, CL, WS
Oct 16th

Take care!

Sincerely,

Niya Fonville Swint, Esq. [A button for name playback in email signature] <https://www.name-coach.com/niyafonville>
Adjunct Faculty | Director of Externships
Pronouns she/her/hers (Why Pronouns Matter<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)
Norman A. Wiggins School of Law
225 Hillsborough Street, Ste. 101
Raleigh, NC 27603
Tel. (919) 865-4697   |  Fax (919) 865-5993
Connect on LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/niya-fonville/>
Personal Zoom Room: https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/9254384492?pwd=b3d0ekRGelM3cFBqTWNMSExiUkZSZz09
Students:  request an appointment<https://law-campbell-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?signin_tab=0&PHPSESSID=2f167499d26637e928909d58103fb998&signin_tab=0>
Employers: Post a job for a Current Law Student<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/qidlrne1km7ll5/> | Graduate/Alumni<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/q13wlxj071m4mx/>
Visit our website<https://law.campbell.edu/succeed/career-center/>!

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D8CC35.4BF0E0C0]   [Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate]
Be kind. Be Intentional. Remember intent ≠ impact.