[Law24] LRW Scholars

Thrower, Susan E thrower at campbell.edu
Fri May 20 14:38:11 EDT 2022

Dear Class of 2024,

Congratulations on finishing your first year of law school!

At the end of each academic year, the Legal Research and Writing Program selects rising Second-Year students as Scholars for the next academic year.  FLEX students must have successfully completed twenty-seven credit hours to be eligible to apply.

The position requires a two-semester commitment and takes priority over other activities in which the Scholar chooses to participate, including extra-curricular academic activities such as competitions.  Scholars assist the LRW faculty in various ways and are integral to the success of the program.  Scholar obligations this year will begin with a training on the last weekday before the start of classes; currently, that is Friday, August 12th, though that day may change if the law school must change the academic calendar to accommodate unforeseen events such as Coronavirus complications.  Each LRW Scholar receives a $2200.00 scholarship each semester.

If you are interested in working as an LRW Scholar during the 2022-23 academic year, please complete the application I have attached, and email it to me with the subject line "LRW Scholar Application."  Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 10th.  I may contact applicants with requests for additional information, including individual AY22-23 course schedules.

Have a wonderful summer!

Professor Thrower
Campbell University School of Law
225 Hillsborough Street