[pt2025] Should I post this on Social Media??

English, Charissa A cenglish at campbell.edu
Tue Jun 27 09:22:35 EDT 2023

Greetings cohort!
It's hard to believe it's now been a full 12 months since I have been creating content for OfficialCampbellDPT. Thank you so much to all of you who have shared your pictures and videos with me - keep them coming!  Successful department accounts rely on user generated content. Videos and pictures from your point of view are what keep our vibe authentic. If you have an idea for a great post or story, share it with me. If you capture great footage during a class or outside event, airdrop it to me. As hard as I try, I can't always be around for the great photo opps.
Between conversations with you, with our department, with our CPHS Director of Communications, and a national social media conference I attended, I have learned so much. I wanted to share a couple of thoughts and guidelines with you as you continue to represent our program and progress toward becoming Drs and establishing your own professional online identity and brand.

  1.    Tagging our DPT program.  Yes or No?

YES     if it happens on campus or happens off campus and is a program supported event (like Special Olympics, anything APTA, anything PT related) and as long as it doesn't involve anything listed in the next list of "no."  Make sure and use our hashtags too -- #campbellphysicaltherapy #whywelovecudpt #cudpt2024  #cudpt2025 #cudptcommunity

NO      if the event or situation involves alcohol, sexual innuendos, explicit or suggestive clothing, profanity, or is demeaning to a student, staff, or faculty member. (funny is fine, humiliating is not).  Keep in mind that Campbell University operates with a Christian core values mission statement and code of ethics and our department posts should respect that filter.

  1.   Featuring a community patient.  Yes or No

YES - if you send it to me first, and I post it from the department account. I can tag you in it for photo creds, and it can be shared.

NO- the waiver signed by the patients only gives the department account and Campbell University the right to use the image or video. The waiver does NOT give students permission to post. If you post pictures or video directly on your personal or professional account, you are opening the door for legal trouble.  Verbal permission does not protect you. Texted permission does not protect you. Only a formal signed waiver with your name on it gives you permission to post their pictures or videos.  Also do not ever mention patients by name, or list any part of their medical history, condition, or diagnosis.

  1.  Do you already have a professional account?

               Reread your captions. Is there anything in there that any population might possibly find offensive or demeaning?

               Is your language and wording putting your best professional, respectful, and intelligent foot forward?  Are things spelled correctly? Are you using good grammar?
Word to the wise:   Potential patients, clinic owners, CI's and business partners will be judging you by how you present yourself on a professionally connected social media account. It can make a difference in you getting that job, or that residency, or that appointment, or that award. We want you to succeed and don't want anything to distract from how hard you have worked to get where you are!

Thank you again for being so receptive to me when I come into your classes. As I said before, please always feel free to share images and videos and ideas with me. I want our account to be one of the best and most fun out there. If you have any questions or need further clarification, come see me or stop me in the hall.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!
Charissa English

Charissa English I Campbell University
Program Coordinator, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Office Hours 8:00 - 5:00 pm      Monday - Friday
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9A8D8.180085B0]910.893.1685 l  Fax 910.814.5567 l Email: cenglish at campbell.edu<mailto:cenglish at campbell.edu>
Tracey F. Smith Hall, Room 318L2
4150 US 421 South, Lillington, NC 27546
Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1090
Buies Creek, NC 27506
[cid:image002.png at 01D9A8D8.180085B0]
Like us: https://www.instagram.com/officialcampbelldpt/ or  www.facebook.com/campbelldpt<http://www.facebook.com/campbelldpt>

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org<mailto:accreditation at apta.org>; website: http://www.capteonline.org<http://www.capteonline.org/>. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 910 893-1720.