[Pt2024] Campbell is Hosting This Year's Student Conclave

Rich Ortiz riortiz0205 at email.campbell.edu
Sun Mar 6 19:32:10 EST 2022

Hello All,

If you have not already seen, Campbell is hosting the 2022 APTA NC Student Conclave!

This is the first year the Conclave is back in person and we are really excited about the event we are putting together in such a short period of time. We have worked hard getting speakers to cover many areas of Physical Therapy; we have secured a record high amount of sponsorship contributions; and are working hard to be as diverse and inclusive for this event as possible.

As the sole Campbell student on the Planning Committee and with it being held on Campbell’s Campus, I am hoping we can have a really strong showing of Campbell students in attendance.

Attached below is the flyer for the Conclave.

The official schedule is still being worked on and will be distributed in the coming days.
But I am excited to share the topics that we will be seeing:

- Cortical Targets of PT Interventions: Better Matching Pain Profiles with Intervention by Dr. Cory Alcon, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
- Panel: PT Advocates Assembly (how physical therapists can act as a primary care provider)
- mTBI Assessment and Intervention: Application to the Tactical Athlete by Dr. Karen L McCulloch, PT, PhD, MS, FAPTA, NCS(E)
- How to use Neurology to Improve Musculoskeletal Rehab Outcomes by Dani Almeyda and Kurt Brooks, PT, DPT
- Panel: What I Wish I knew as a New Graduate

The day will also include a Trivia + Social event after the Conclave from 5:30-7:30pm at Mason Jar Lager Co (the brewery not the restaurant). We expect to have food and drinks (non-alcoholic at least) since we know people will be hungry after a long day learning!

To register, go ahead and follow this link: https://aptanc.org/events/eventdetails.aspx?id=1593491 <https://aptanc.org/events/eventdetails.aspx?id=1593491>

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. I look forward to seeing you all there!

-Rich

Rich Ortiz, SPT, CF-2, HLC-1, PN-1
Campbell University
Doctor of Physical Therapy Student
Class APTA Liaison | Program APTA Delegate
He/Him/His