[Pt2024] APTA Oncology SNP Updates

Van Cleave, Kristyn ksvancleave0703 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Jul 6 19:03:36 EDT 2022

Hello all,

First, I want to inform you that I have taken the position of school
representative for the APTA Oncology Student & New Professional
Subcommittee.  I am so excited to be one of those who will share news and
information with my peers about the subcommittee.

There will be a meeting on *Tuesday, July 12 from 7:00-8:00 EST *with Dr.
Monica Anderson, who will be taking participants through a patient case of
an older adult diagnosed with a sarcoma: emphasizing the risk of falls and
balance impairments, how to have difficult conversations, and how to
determine an appropriate plan of care with the many complications that
cancer brings.

During the case conference, be prepared to answer questions and harness
your clinical reasoning skills to determine the best course of action for
this patient’s care.

The link to access the event information is here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geriatric-oncology-case-conference-monica-anderson-pt-dpt-tickets-379772358347
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geriatric-oncology-case-conference-monica-anderson-pt-dpt-tickets-379772358347>

The meeting will be recorded for those who are unable to attend and can be
accessed by first emailing aptaoncologysnp at gmail.com
<aptaoncologysnp at gmail.com>

I look forward to sharing more information with you all as it comes up.
Have a great rest of your week.

Warmly,
Kristyn Van Cleave, SPT
Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate 2023
Admissions Liaison, Class of 2023
Vice President, PRIDE In Healthcare
APTA Oncology Student & New Professional Subcommittee School Rep
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers