[PT2021] Invitation: Celebrating and Appreciating Cultural Diversity

Friday, Kafi kjfriday1230 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Mar 15 13:10:03 EDT 2021

Good afternoon CU students, faculty and staff,

On behalf of  *SNPhA and the Cultural Fusion Committee*, we extend an
invitation to our opening event 'Celebrating and Appreciating Cultural
Diversity' on Tuesday (3/23) at 6:00pm.   Our guest speaker will be the
Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer of Michigan State University,
Dr. Jabbar Bennett.

*"Dr. Bennett serves as Michigan State University’s (MSU) vice president
and chief diversity officer where he reports directly to the president and
is a member of the executive leadership team.  In this role, he partners
with other senior leaders, deans, faculty, staff, students and alumni to
advance the institution’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategic
priorities.  Dr. Bennett is also a professor of medicine in the College of
Human Medicine at MSU.*

*Prior to joining MSU, Dr. Bennett served as the inaugural associate
provost for diversity and inclusion, and chief diversity officer at
Northwestern University.  Previously, he worked as associate dean of the
Graduate School, and associate dean for diversity in the Division of
Biology and Medicine at Brown University.  In addition, Dr. Bennett held
administrative appointments at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard
Medical School, and United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
He has also served on the faculty at Harvard, Brown and Northwestern."*

[image: image.png]

*CU there!*
--
*Kafi Friday*
*Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences*