[PT2021] CPHS Dedication to Representation (D2R) Community

Spellman, Nakesha ndspellman0803 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Sep 3 11:20:09 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone!
[image: heeeyyy.gif]

First and foremost, welcome back to CPHS! To those who are new, we are glad
to have you! My name is Nakesha Spellman and I am a second-year PharmD/MSCR
candidate. This year, I have the pleasure to serve as the Chair for
Dedication to Representation and I am very excited about this opportunity!

On behalf of CPHS Communities, I would like to invite you to Dedication to
Representation (D2R)! D2R is a community spotlighting underrepresented
minority in health care. The goal for this community is to provide *minority
students* in *ALL *CPHS programs an opportunity to connect and grow
professionally as a minority in healthcare. We invite all CPHS students to
join! There is *no membership or fee* required to be a part of this
community. If you would like to be on our email list, please feel free to
add your information to the Excel sheet below.

*On September 15th, 2020,* we will host a *‘Minority Meet & Greet’ via
Webex at 4:30 PM* *– 5:30 PM*.  Below you can find the link to the WebEx.

*Email Sign-Up Sheet*

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YR2GqkE1v__4tAXLJ5Wr1i3a8WJ6tayCa2cQ0Z6cyfo/edit?usp=sharing

*Minority Meet & Greet Webex *

https://campbelluniversity.webex.com/campbelluniversity/j.php?MTID=m9a48039e9301c38ed7c516e63d01a234

Healthcare diversity is a foreign concept to some, and it is our goal to
empower and express the importance of representation in this forever
changing field. This community will serve as a safe space for minority
students and will host several programs to foster and promote diversity and
inclusion with all students in CPHS. Over the century, the United States
has become increasingly diverse. As health care providers, it is essential
that we serve patients from various ethnic and culturally diverse
backgrounds correctly. We must remain aware of the importance of
understanding our patients from a larger context. This includes recognizing
their perception, understanding, and pursuit of healthcare. Our
programs/events will give *ALL *students in *ALL *CPHS programs the
opportunity to connect, learn, and grow in their relationships and
understanding of serving diverse populations.

Again, I am excited to serve you all this year and I look forward to seeing
you all (virtually) at the Minority Meet & Greet! If you have any questions
in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me!

[image: Flyer_D2R.jpg]
*Nakesha Spellman *

*Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences *
Doctor of Pharmacy & Master of Science in Clinical Research Candidate 2023
Student National Pharmaceutical Association - Mental Health Initiative
Co-Chair
CPHS Student Ambassadors - President
ndspellman0803 at email.campbell.edu