[PT2021] Friday Updates

Weaver, Priscilla pweaver at campbell.edu
Fri Oct 2 11:47:37 EDT 2020

Hello Class of 2021 and 2022,
I hope your week has gone well and you have plans to get outside this weekend.
It has been a busy week working on a variety of things. I keep hearing bits and pieces of neat things that you all are planning and doing. Please keep me in the loop so I can push it out and be involved as appropriate. For instance, I ran across the virtual run in November and heard there is work being done around PT Day of Service. What a neat idea and great timing with PT MONTH!
By now, you likely have already seen an email from Mrs. Kim East on the schedule for the rest of this semester with ending in-person prior to Thanksgiving and finishing up exams remotely after that date. We heard the concerns about in-person testing and believe this situation has been fixed. Someone mentioned the floors need extra cleaning in the labs and we submitted that request so hopefully that has taken place. I forgot to look closely last night in lab. Spring semester planning is underway right now too!
I have another update for you all. Dr. Tammy Marcin has decided to return to her previous location due to a personal family situation. We wish her the best and know that it was a hard decision for her to leave. With that, we have a new job post going out next week. I am excited to be part of the process in hiring another faculty member. We do not have large gaps in expertise so we are open to a wide-range of qualified candidates. We also are excited to bring on Dr. Jack Magill in the spring to teach Biomechanics in January then full-time by April. I recognize it feels as if this is a time of transition and in some ways it is. I find these times to be exciting because we have our solid foundation of faculty and then are able to grow in strategic ways to continue to provide a solid education for you all.
With that, I wish you all a great weekend.
Dr. Weaver

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the DPT Class of 2021 group from campbell.edu. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/DPTClassof2021@campbell.edu/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=07c654af-9e1a-4bf0-9b48-cd685e886f00>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/DPTClassof2021@campbell.edu/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=07c654af-9e1a-4bf0-9b48-cd685e886f00>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>