[PT2021] Fw: Lost a friend

Crouch, Rebecca H rcrouch at campbell.edu
Thu May 14 16:21:04 EDT 2020

________________________________
From: Crouch, Rebecca H <rcrouch at campbell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 12:13 PM
Subject: Lost a friend

Wanted to let all of you know that Rick Brown lost his battle with Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis yesterday.  His wife, Deb, was at his side at Duke Hospital.  Many of you knew Rick as the guy I treated in the hallway of 3rd floor.  He and Deb were devoted to Campbell.  Rick had volunteered in my classes on several occasions and was always willing to talk to and help our students.  Deb is a Campbell Standardized patient and has worked with our program, PA, and DO students on countless OSCEs and Practicals.

Rick was a Psychologist by profession and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing his thoughts and perceptions on life. He loved flowers, art, travel, crazy T-shirts, and anything new and exciting.  He was a helicopter pilot in Vietnam and loved flying.  He was a proud veteran, regularly wearing his insignias, and treasured attending his Vietnam Veteran's Support Group.  He and wife, Deb, were strong supporters of the Harnett County/Campbell University Better Breathers Club and never missed a meeting.

I'm sure Deb will continue to be a Campbell Standardized patient, so when you see her, please offer your condolences.

Thanks Everyone,

Rebecca