[PT2021] 758 Lecture Link and updates

Green, Michelle D mgreen at campbell.edu
Tue Mar 24 09:58:56 EDT 2020

Happy Tuesday!

Some updates:

  1.  OM Paper:  you DO NOT have to give me a paper copy. However, I still need your rubric and your questions.  I would suggest you use the “Review” function on word and add the questions then save and send me the copy with the questions added.  I LOVE reading your questions. It really helps me see where your thought processes are and where any oels may be!  Remember to keep them CLINICALLY related. Questions like ‘why did the researcher use 30 seconds versus 45 seconds” are not good questions. How would I know?  Researchers design their studies with  their own needs/time/resources in mind.  Can you imagine trying to understand the mind of a mighty researcher like Bohannon?  This little mind ain’t that bright😊
** suggestions for the OM paper.  An entire paper with “the authors say” is not what I am looking for. I am expecting you to offer a significant discussion on the value of the OM, problems with it, how to use it, what that would look like.  Comments like “I think this is a good test and I can see myself using it in the clinic” DOES NOT count as “advanced thinking”. Be less worried about being wrong and more concerned about THINKING about this OM and how it could, should or should not be used.  I’m looking for integration, not a good review f an article someone else wrote.

  1.  Lab Tomorrow: We will meet for lab tomorrow at 8:30 am until 10:00 or so.  We will need to go through some videos of limb assessments.  The lab form on Blackboard will not work for tomorrow so I am in the midst of revising it.  Sorry for not having it done, I’ve been working like crazy and am still one step behind.
  2.  If you are not planning on logging in for class or lab, please email me like a regular class.
  3.  Balance Videos:  my step mom underwent surgery yesterday, they went in to remove her osteomyelitis and culture it, she is awaiting the results to se if she will need her TKR taken out and a spacer put in for a while.  Bad timing, huh?  BUT, Sunday night at dinner, I was able to use her as a guinea pig for the balance video assessment example.  I’ll post them in the Week 5 Lab Folder.
  4.  Balance Case:  I put up a great balance case to go through and no one submitted a case for me to review. I opened it back up so If you want to submit your work I’ll review it.  I’d like to hold a review of this material, but I only will hold it for those who have done the prep work. Meaning, the case is in Blackboard – go through it and figure it out and submit through the assignment tab.  Then I’ll schedule a review via Zoom to go over it.  There is not a benefit to me doing another one for you. I need you to dig in and then I’ll review it with you.  I’ll find a time in your schedule when we can do this, hopefully this Friday.

Lecture Meeting Invite for Today:
Michelle Green is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: DPT 758 Lecture Week 6
Time: Mar 24, 2020 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/141767980

Meeting ID: 141 767 980

One tap mobile
+13126266799,,141767980# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,141767980# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 253 215 8782 US
        +1 301 715 8592 US
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 141 767 980
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acamalQCzN

My ‘grew up in the 80’s joke of the day:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D601C2.D4161AF0]
Michelle D. Green, PT, DPT, c-NDT, NCS
Assistant Professor
Department of Physical Therapy
Tracey F. Smith Hall
Campbell University
PH: 910.893.1960
E-mail: mgreen at campbell.edu

The DPT Program at Campbell University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: accreditation at apta.org<mailto:accreditation at apta.org>; website: http://www.capteonline.org.