[PT2021] CPHS Student Affairs Updates

Olson, Stephanie M solson at campbell.edu
Fri Mar 13 16:40:33 EDT 2020

Good Afternoon,

The safety and well-being of students, staff and faculty are paramount. In response to the University's decision to transition face-to-face classes to online and remote learning and to limit and/or cancel university-related events, we want to assure you that the CPHS Student Affairs office will continue to provide support to students, faculty, and staff as needed. We are working diligently with our colleagues across the university to provide solutions to assist our stakeholders. Please see the information below for the changes in services we are planning to provide in an online or revised format.

Online Tutoring:

We are currently working with our Blackboard team and CPHS tutors to provide options for online tutoring sessions for students who need tutoring in the coming weeks of this semester. We have already been utilizing the Blackboard Collaborate platform with student success and we will be utilizing this same platform moving forward.

We ask for your grace and patience as we work through these new processes. It will take a bit of time to have all tutors trained on the online system and to make sure tutors are comfortable tutoring online. If you have any questions regarding tutoring, please contact Steph.

Student Events:

In response to the University's decision to limit large group interactions, student events previously scheduled from March 13th - April 6th are in the process of being cancelled or postponed, or rescheduled at a later date. Online fundraisers or events will continue as scheduled as long as the student organization wishes to proceed. Smaller meetings or events will have the option to meet face-to-face or to transition to a virtual forum. Faculty advisors for the student organizations have been contacted to assist in the communication of options for virtual meetings and the cancellation of large group events. If you have any questions about events, please contact Shirl.

Academic & Career Support Appointments:

Steph Olson and Shirl Stamey will continue to provide opportunities for students to meet regarding resume/CV development, academic support options, and any other needs. Meetings will be transitioned and are available via WebEx, email, or phone calls and their calendars are available via CU Succeed. Please reach out directly if you need an appointment.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

The CPHS Student Affairs Team
Dr. Mark Moore
Steph Olson
Shirl Stamey

Steph Olson
Director of Student Affairs | Office of Admissions & Student Affairs
e:solson at campbell.edu |<mailto:solson at campbell.edu%20%7C> t:(910) 814-5693<tel:%28910%29%20814-5693>

Shirl Stamey
Student Affairs Coordinator | Office of Admissions & Student Affairs
e:sstamey at campbell.edu |<mailto:solson at campbell.edu%20%7C> t:(910) 893-1692<tel:%28910%29%20814-5693>