[PT2021] Pro Bono Information

Dameron, Morgan mcdameron0606 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Feb 20 08:58:16 EST 2020

Good morning!

We are so glad so many of you decided to get involved with Pro Bono!

What you need to know:

·       The day/s that you are scheduled are *mandatory*. However, if you
look at the schedule and find that you have a conflict on that Thursday you
may talk with a fellow classmate and see if they are willing to switch
shifts with you. You are responsible for finding someone to fill your spot
if you something comes up and you can’t be there. If this occurs, you MUST
email me so that I can change the schedule. The person switching with you
can not just show up in your spot that day if it isn’t on the schedule! You
may not miss your scheduled Pro Bono day just because you have a “test the
next day” or “don’t want to go”. I promise you will gain so much more from
the Pro Bono session than you would studying a few extra hours for a test.

·       If the schedule says “keep open” this means the patient could not
attend that day but will return the following week. *YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE
HERE IF IT SAYS* “keep open”. However, if your 4pm patient says “Keep open”
but your 5pm patient is on the schedule you need to be here for the 5pm
treatment session! (15 mins before) If there is ever nothing written on the
schedule in your patient square you are free to assume you will not have a
patient scheduled after noon on that treatment day! But continue to check
in on the schedule until after noon because I can add one last minute that
morning but* will not after 12pm of the same day.*

·       We treat the Pro Bono Clinic as an outpatient clinic. Therefore,
you should dress like you work at one. You should wear either khakis and a
polo, khakis and a nice shirt, dress pants and nice top, etc! *You would
not wear scrubs* in an outpatient clinic therefore, they are not allowed
while treating our Pro Bono patients. Also, if possible, always wear your
nametag.

·       There will be a Pre brief and potentially a post brief with your
faculty before your appointments. So try to get in the reserved Pro Bono
study room at least 15 minutes before the appointment. I highly encourage
you to reach out to the 3rd year that you are working with in these first
couple weeks to get a handle on the patient you will be seeing. You will be
the lead therapist during the session (that's right, we have graduated from
taking BP and ROM), so be prepared!

It is very very important to review the patient(s) you will be seeing in
pro bono. This means looking over previous treatment notes and reaching out
to those that have treated the patient in the past if needed.

·       You will meet your DPT 2/3’s in the reserved Pro Bono *which in
most cases will be ROOM 314!* Some Thursday’s we may have reserved a
different study room so just check the schedule outside the door! You will
leave your stuff in that room while you treat.

This is the pro bono website where you can find the schedule with who you
will be working with from the class above and below us, and then the
patient you are scheduled to see (I know it needs some major updating, we
are working on that).

https://sites.google.com/a/email.campbell.edu/pt-pro-bono-clinic/?pli=1

All documentation will be done on WebPT. Please make sure to login before
you are scheduled to volunteer, if possible.

Let’s make it a great semester!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask anyone on the board!

--

*Morgan Dameron*

Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate 2021

Pro Bono Board Operations Chair

--
*Morgan Dameron*
Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate 2021
Pro Bono Board Operations Chair
(919)-368-0048