[PT2021] fall event reminder!

Wolff, Emma eewolff0228 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Aug 19 16:55:18 EDT 2020

Hello DPT 1 and 2's,

I hope the start of this crazy semester is going well for both cohorts. I
just wanted to send a little reminder about PTDOS this fall:

*Physical Therapy Day of Service (PTDOS) *

   - *Actual Day:* October 10th, 2020
   - Service can be conducted between October 9th - 16th
   - Start brainstorming ideas that we can do to reach out to our community
   (rural) and help bring awareness about Campbell PT and PT in general. This
   is a NATIONWIDE event and more than 18,000 people participated last year.
   - We are moving more towards all virtual rather than in person.
   - *Please reach out to me with any ideas you may have!* Any hours count
   - Here is the link for PTDOS:  http://ptdayofservice.com/
   - In September, there will be an official flyer sent out... *be on the
   lookout!*

The members of the APTA NC SSIG PC committee and I are looking for all
sorts of ways we can donate our time and service *VIRTUALLY* due to COVID
19. Some things we have done in the past are as follows:

   -

   UpChieve Tutoring
   -

      https://upchieve.org/volunteer
      -

      UPchieve is a free, online platform that connects low-income high
      school students in the US with live, volunteer coaches (that’s you!) any
      time they need it. Our volunteer experience was designed to be
      ultra-flexible because we believe it should be easy for awesome
people like
      you to help students succeed. You can help students from anywhere with an
      internet connection: whether that be from your desk at work or from the
      comfort of your couch!

   -

   Become an “Online Listener” through 7 Cups
   -

      https://www.7cups.com/
      -

      People can join this online community by becoming a “listener” to
      help people through emotional stress — something deeply needed
during this
      time of uncertainty. Users can even talk to licensed professionals if
      preferred.

   -

   Translate written work with Translators without Borders
   -

      https://translatorswithoutborders.org/volunteer/
      -

      Volunteers can translate works of text or crisis response through
      this online advocacy organization. If you’re fluent in at least one other
      language, you’re eligible to volunteer.

   -

   Be a virtual leader in a 3D event for The American Cancer Society
   -

      Using the platform Second Life, volunteers can help raise money with
      virtual rallies and events—which are perfect for self-isolation and
      quarantine. You can help build the online world, maintain fundraising
      efforts, or just participate in virtual events.
      -

      https://www.cancer.org/involved/volunteer/society-second-life.html

*Please let me know if you have any ideas!!! *
*You can do these events alone, with your friends, with your cohort, or we
can combine cohorts. Let's give back to the community :) *

*Emma E. Wolff, SPT *
Doctor of Physical Therapy 2021 | Campbell University
CU DPT Student Ambassador
CU DPT Neurology SIG | Board Member
APTA Member  | Neurology Chapter | Pediatric Chapter
APTA NC SSIG | Community Service Project Committee
*Contact*: (910)-233-1105 | eewolff0228 at campbell.edu
*Pronouns:* she/her/hers