[Phar26] REMINDER: PRIDE in Healthcare LGBTQIA+ Safe Space Training

Wright, Dawson dkwright0505 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Oct 9 08:51:46 EDT 2024

PRIDE in Healthcare would like to extend opportunities for safe space
training to all CPHS students! Safe space training is an excellent way to
expand your cultural competency and learn how you can provide optimal care
to LGBTQIA+ patients as you work in your respective healthcare field.

There will be two opportunities available to CPHS students. There will be a
session *today* on the main campus and on the medical campus, and each will
be led by Dr. Valerie Joseph from Campbell's psychology department. You
only need to attend one session to receive the full safe space training
experience. The dates and locations for the sessions are provided below:

Main Campus: *Wednesday, October 9th from 5-7 PM in Maddox Hall Room 117*
Medical Campus: *Thursday, October 17th from 5-7 PM in Smith Hall Room 208*
.

These sessions are expected to last two hours, but may last slightly longer
depending on how engaged the group is. Please join us
in better understanding some of the patients we will serve as future
healthcare providers and learning how we can take steps to
minimize cultural health disparities in our communities. We hope to see you
there!

[image: PRIDE in Healthcare LGBTQ+ Safe Space Training Flyer.jpg]

*---*
*Dawson Wright*
PharmD Candidate | Class of 2027
PRIDE in Healthcare | President
Phi Delta Chi Pharmaceutical Fraternity | Beta Kappa Chapter | WKRS
Walmart | Pharmacy Intern