[Phar26] Student Email for Cancellation of CPHS Convocation & Scholarship Ceremony

Barefoot, Sarah E sbarefoot at campbell.edu
Tue Sep 5 16:49:56 EDT 2023

Dear Students,

Just as a reminder, please see below the message that was sent out to all programs today regarding convocation.

Best,

Sarah Barefoot-Goetz
Student Affairs Coordinator | Office of Admissions & Student Affairs
Campbell University | College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
e: sbarefoot at campbell.edu<mailto:sbarefoot at campbell.edu> | t: (910) 893-1692
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."- Proverbs 3:5-6

Dear College of Pharmacy & Health and Sciences (CPHS) Students,

I hope this message finds you well. We were eagerly anticipating the CPHS Convocation & Scholarship Ceremony, but unfortunately, we have had to cancel all CPHS events scheduled on campus for tomorrow morning. This decision was made due to some facilities issues we are experiencing with Maddox and Smith Halls. As a result, the Convocation Ceremony stands canceled, and the donor luncheon has been postponed until the Spring. Morning classes will remain canceled as planned on Wednesday, September 6th, and are expected to resume in the afternoon as scheduled. Your program/department will soon communicate with you regarding future class schedules, whether in person or virtual.

Please rest assured that your safety and comfort are our top priorities. We regret that we will not be able to celebrate with you tomorrow, but we appreciate your understanding of the need to make this difficult decision.

If you have any questions or concerns about this matter, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Barefoot, Lee Holquist, or Will Bratton.

We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this situation may cause, and we appreciate your understanding during this time.

Sincerely,

Jeff Mercer, PharmD | Campbell University
Interim Dean & Associate Dean for Administration
College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
PO Box 1090, Buies Creek, NC  27506
*: 910.893.1686 *: jmercer at campbell.edu<mailto:jmercer at campbell.edu>