[Phar26] Updated Event Information for Wilderness Med Challenge

Barefoot, Sarah E sbarefoot at campbell.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:32:06 EDT 2023

Good afternoon,

Coming this fall, on Saturday, November 4th, 2023, the Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Wilderness Medicine Club will be hosting a day-long event featuring wilderness medicine topics! This event will be open to EVERYONE – students and non-students in any field – anyone with an interest in learning more about what wilderness medicine is all about.

The day will start off with lectures and skills workshops from our dedicated CUSOM faculty that cover topics ranging from hyperthermia to snake envenomation. After lectures, FREE LUNCH will be provided and then we will direct you to an offsite location (around Levine Hall) for afternoon scenarios where you will get to apply what you’ve just learned. This will be a full day event so be sure to pack what you need for that day (medications, etc.) – we will be providing snacks in the morning during lectures.

The event will be limited to 60 participants. If we reach that cutoff and you’re not on the list but would like to join, we will add you to a waitlist and will contact you ASAP if someone can no longer make it. The registration fee for the event is $20 which includes lunch and a SAM Splint. Prizes will also be available to top teams!

Please use this sign-up link: https://igfn.us/form/q7-D4A

Please also RSVP on the Engage site: https://campbell.campuslabs.com/engage/event/9539525

Wilderness medicine skills can be used in ANY profession and are useful even if you are not a medical professional. We hope this event will shed light on what wilderness medicine is all about and maybe even inspire some of you to pursue it in your future careers!
Please reach out to David Lehrburger at d_lehrburger0718 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:d_lehrburger0718 at email.campbell.edu> with any questions.

Thank you!

--
David Lehrburger OMS-II