[Phar26] P1 Newsletter, 4/10-4/14

Growney, Melissa msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu
Fri Apr 7 10:44:24 EDT 2023

 Hey, all! So sorry about the newsletter for last week. I was sitting in my
drafts folder all week, I had no idea that it hadn't been sent, my bad!
Thanks for your patience and I hope you all have a pleasant weekend. Happy
studying!
Thanks, Melissa G (secretary)

Weekly Schedule:

4/10-4/14

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

530 - PPD

IPE PLACES event today, all day pretty much forever. If you don’t have a
time assigned for this please email Sara Barefoot

541 - Endocrine

Case #3 posted 4/7, due 4/19. Dr. Muzyk’s instructions are on the
blackboard page.

542 - MLE-II

SR-MA

Read QS 259-263 + required readings on BB

543 - PPS

Review for OSCE

OSCE’s in Smith hall.

545 - PPC

Next quizzes are due 4/18 and 4/21

545L - PPC

Don’t forget to turn in your lab practice final!

Notes for the week: Exam 2 Monday!

See the below information for PPD Tracker, community service hours, and
reflections – 4/23 deadline!!!

Reminders:

ELECTIVE SELECTION FOR P1 STUDENTS will run from 4/10 at 12 pm to 4/14 at 5
pm! If you have questions about this process contact your faculty advisor!
Please see the email Ms. Hupfeld sent us for reference and to view the
elective choices.

PPD tracker AND CS hours with reflection are all due before midnight on
4/23. Click Here to Access the PPD Tracker
<https://cphs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7X2DoNC9O2ziX3g>. The following
list includes the minimum requirement for each student.

   -

   1 IPE event
   -

   2 Personal development or self-care
   -

   2 Self-reflections
   -

   2 of something of your choice that is NOT IPE, self-care, or
   self-reflection

🎉April Birthdays🎉

   -

   3 - Brittany Ter Meer / Bermari Torres Vargas
   -

   4 - Susan Propst
   -

   7 - Morgan Hall
   -

   9 - Isabel Gutierrez Lauzurique
   -

   25 - Gabby Gillett

Pet(s) of the week: Mak Hester

 This is Banks, Oakleigh, and Jinx (cat)!

Makenzie Hester -- Banks LOVES to go swimming and loves chasing anything
through the woods.He’s excited for summer to finally get here and go to the
beach every weekend. Oakleigh is a Craigslist puppy that has stolen my role
as daughter in my family. She is the most spoiled mutt ever, she even gets
her own steak just for herself every weekend! Oak loves to run laps around
the yard and is the toughest guard dog around. Jinx is certainly a handful
and loves to be a bed hog. If you don’t give her space, she attacks your
feet in the middle of the night. She loves being outside and wants nothing
more than to embrace her feral side. However, she’s always trapped in my
loving embrace!

Weekly Reflection:

In the Passover supper, also known as the seder, there is an order to the
service of the meal. It basically revolves around four glasses of wine that
are raised for commemorative purposes, all speaking of the Jews' history.

The first is the cup of blessing: the host welcomes his guests and offers
the blessing in Hebrew: "Blessed art Thou, O Lord our God, King of the
universe who gives us the fruit of the vine." Then the cup is taken among
all of them.

Second is the cup of judgment. The host tells the history of the exodus and
the judgment of God upon Pharaoh and the Egyptians. Then the host breaks
bread and dips it in bitter herbs, speaking of the bitter bondage of the
past, and in a paste that speaks of the mortar made by the slaves. Then the
second cup is taken.

After the meal is eaten, the cup of redemption is raised. And it was this
third cup that Jesus raised and said, "This is the cup of My blood, a new
covenant that I'm making." At the very end of the meal is the fourth cup,
the cup of praise, and a hymn is sung (see v. 30). The Jewish people have
done this all throughout their history, at every Passover meal around the
world, for thousands of years.

This Easter, I want you to remember that you and I were once marked for
death. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans
3:23). "The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). But because of the blood
of Christ, because of the cross, God has passed over your life, over the
execution of judgment, because all that judgment was taken by Jesus
Himself. What a marvelous, marvelous truth! Rejoice in that today.

--
*Melissa Growney*
*PharmD*/*MSPS Student *| Class of 2026
msgrowney0303 at email.campbell.edu