[Phar25] NCAP Advocacy Series

Choi, Joseph j_choi1023 at email.campbell.edu
Wed Jan 18 11:45:32 EST 2023

Hello everyone!

The North Carolina Association of Pharmacists is excited to announce our
annual Advocacy Series! Where you will be able to gain the skills of a
strong advocate and earn the NCAP-SPF Advocacy Certificate. This series
features four virtual sessions from pharmacy advocates across the state of
North Carolina and culminates in a trip to the state capitol on Pharmacy
Legislative Day.

This year is a legislative long session, meaning our state senators and
representatives have an extended period of time during which bills can be
introduced. In our previous long session, pharmacy advocates introduced and
passed the Public Health Bill <https://www.ncleg.gov/BillLookUp/2021/S575>
which greatly expanded pharmacists’ abilities in the state of North
Carolina, by increasing access to healthcare and allowing pharmacists to
administer long-acting injectables, provide birth control without a
prescription, and more. This year is poised to be another great year for
advancing pharmacy practice.

Through participating in our Advocacy Series, you will join your peers from
across the state and prepare for discussions with our state legislators
about critical issues facing our pharmacists today such as provider status,
pay parity, and test and treat capabilities.

Please use this form to register.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdLFHONNOZfFnAc-7MHW-mU6NjyeDuPSXkMncHTQy1Ar-EA-Q/viewform>
The Advocacy Series is open to all students, however, membership in the
NCAP Student Pharmacists Forum is required to earn the Advocacy
Certificate. Our
first session is scheduled for Friday February 3rd from 12-1pm in Harris
Teeter lecture hall with guest speaker, Dr. Paige Brown. It will also be
broadcasted to the other pharmacy schools via zoom."

If you have any questions, please contact Jolie Mutima at
j_mutima0304 at email.campbell.edu.

We hope to see you there!

[image: image.png]
--