[Phar25] Farmworker Health Fair - Help Needed

Hickey, Julianna jrhickey0222 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Mar 8 10:11:14 EST 2022

Hi everyone!

We are still recruiting a few more volunteers, and are in particular need
of any *Spanish-speaking volunteers* to assist at tables!  Additionally,
please consider signing up for the afternoon shift!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdj0ErJNWylyy9lFgr_kQ4DvD_SrkMy1LmuDqg1Ti3j7-tbdQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

In collaboration with CPHS, CUSOM, and APhA-ASP, Campbell University's
PharmD program is putting on a Community Health Fair with the Episcopal
Farmworker Ministry in Dunn, NC.  The Health Fair is set for *Saturday,
March 19th, from 10am to 2pm* at the Ministry grounds located at* 2989 Easy
Street, Dunn*.  I am recruiting motivated pharmacy student volunteers to
assist in organizing informational hand-outs and participate in patient
counseling. The event is expecting 300+ patients to participate that day.
This is an excellent opportunity to earn community service hours as well as
an impressive addition to your CV!

Volunteer positions for each table are *limited*, and positions will be
distributed based on a *first-come, first-serve basis!*  Please fill out
this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdj0ErJNWylyy9lFgr_kQ4DvD_SrkMy1LmuDqg1Ti3j7-tbdQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
if
you are interested in helping create flyers and volunteering for a shift.

A description of each table is provided in the form as well as my last
email with the subject "Farmworker Community Health Fair Volunteer
Opportunity."

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas!  Thank
you all for your service as student pharmacists.

Best,
Jules Hickey

Julianna (Jules) Hickey, BS
PharmD/MSPH Candidate | 2023
NCPA | President
PRIDE in Healthcare | President
Pharmacy Class of 2023 | Secretary
Campbell University Community Care Clinic | Floor Director
APhA-ASP | Women's Health Campaign Chair
Pronouns: she/her/hers
[image: mobile-icon]  (631) 316-4425
[image: email-icon]  jrhickey0222 at email.campbell.edu