[paallalum] FW: Jess' Walk/5K email - DEADLINE TO ORDER A T-SHIRT IS FRIDAY, APRIL 5TH!

Gerstner, Laura R. reedl at campbell.edu
Thu Apr 4 21:55:00 EDT 2024

An updated message from Jessica Schavone’s (MPAP ’21) husband, Nick:

As many of you already know, our world was turned upside down in January when my wife, Jessica, was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor. Since that diagnosis, we have been working with the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center at Duke and Jess has been the recipient of excellent care and support while at Duke.
I am happy to report that as of last Friday, Jess has completed her radiation treatments! We are so proud of her and thank her every day for showing us what true bravery and courage looks like!

The Duke Tumor Center’s main source of funding comes from their fundraising charity group Angels Among Us. A good portion of that funding is raised through their annual walk of hope, which is held at the Duke Gardens every year. This year, the walk is on Saturday April 27th. We have organized a team for the walk and the link to the team is posted below.

You can join the team, or donate to our efforts by following this link: https://www.supportdukehealth.org/.../AngelsAmongUs...<https://www.supportdukehealth.org/site/TR/Angels/AngelsAmongUs?team_id=29367&pg=team&fr_id=2240&fbclid=IwAR1cGaWtbyr6svOxxPmYe3f9tr4n1MXyl4OPH85_MwJbQ846Ch8Yr5931kU_aem_AeDriPlrDtaVISOFjQoyu1CDmmvrL9EHksbqu20PKaA99SKvdnkpGPCUdHb19BcxoBEGzYPQeMgqv7NzmG6kSG7A>

If you are planning to attend the walk, we request that you purchase a Team t-shirt (DEADLINE TO ORDER A SHIRT IS FRIDAY, APRIL 5TH): https://www.customink.com/g/btn0-00cu-ybzs<https://www.customink.com/g/btn0-00cu-ybzs?fbclid=IwAR0LaXPhMyyfFEvAwgGW96CYtz6kMmJs_r4lwwcpi1P0zXsw7SAQNDsvg4c_aem_AeAI4dMUiewsg6CsoZXMppxgOTTKBZ_95tatarw5RS27q7gZCTOOCyD8217MlJFEoKCF9OB657WgfA7YMo_8zyY2>
T-shirts will be shipped to me directly and will be handed out at the walk.If you order a shirt and do not attend the walk, we will reach out to you directly to ship the shirt to you!

Thank you for all of the support we have received through this journey, it means more than you know!

Laura R. Gerstner, MHA, MSHS, PA-C
Associate Program Director & Associate Professor
Campbell University Physician Assistant Program
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1090, Buies Creek, NC 27506
Physical Address: 4150 U.S. 421 S., Lillington, NC 27546
•: 910.893-1252 |•: gerstnerl at campbell.edu<mailto:gerstnerl at campbell.edu>
she/her/hers

https://apps.exxat.com/public/steps/Campbell-PA/Home