[paallalum] FW: EXTERNAL EMAIL: Can you please help: clinical rotation shortage research

Gerstner, Laura R. reedl at campbell.edu
Thu Aug 31 10:30:44 EDT 2023

Hello Alumni & Friends:

We have been asked to forward this email from a PA educator colleague. Please consider participating in this quick 10-minute survey about PA precepting:

My name is Amber Collins. I am the Director of Clinical Education for the PA program at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions. I am also a PhD student conducting research about PA precepting trends.

There is a clinical education shortage crisis across the nation, and I need your help. I am recruiting PA-Cs to participate in a 10-minute survey about precepting trends. This survey closely replicates the PAEA survey conducted in 2011, which found that only 25% of PAs serve as preceptors. I would like to update what we know about current PA precepting trends in hopes that this information can guide practical solutions to the shortage in PA clinical rotations.

Forwarding this link to PA-Cs in your network is greatly appreciated.

Survey Link<https://rmuohp.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7NZSbDit0rDNAns>

Please feel free to reach out to me with questions or concerns about this study. Thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,

Amber Collins

PhD Candidate

Director of Clinical Education, MPAS Program

Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions

Amber.collins at rm.edu<mailto:Amber.collin at rm.edu>

385-248-5516

Amber Collins, MEd, PhD Candidate

Assistant Professor / Director of Clinical Education

Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program

College of Health Science

Rocky Mountain University

1800 S Novell Place, Provo, Utah 84606

Direct: 385.248.5516 | Campus: 801.375.5125

rm.edu<https://rm.edu/> | News<https://rm.edu/news/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/RMUoHP> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/rmuohp/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/school/rmuohp/> |

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kMHBJAtas-b1UzY0Ls7OwIrJaNDQ7s2wDuXKb9SAEU0D8jXxEv2g4ler5C8am-Jl0Tv-QpNvIO0tB0EayihbcULNZPpkCLWia9N3t6C-tYEV2F9iNCs4umWq2b_Hrs1Lx4EzOpG60xgzU_DkaAHaKds]