[Pa24] FW: EXTERNAL EMAIL: UKPA residency program applications open March 1st

Johnson, Betty Lynne bljohnson at campbell.edu
Thu Feb 1 15:00:28 EST 2024

In case you're interested . . .

From: Hunton, Ryan W. <Ryan.Hunton at uky.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2024 2:55 PM
Subject: EXTERNAL EMAIL: UKPA residency program applications open March 1st

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Campbell University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Greetings from Kentucky!

I hope this email finds you doing well! I am reaching out because the University of Kentucky (UK) PA Academic Residency Program admissions cycle opens March 1st.

I am the Director of Medical Tracks and am excited about this opportunity for your students. I completed an emergency medicine PA residency about five years ago. This experience provided a positive trajectory for my clinical practice, created a great network of colleagues with whom I still work, and opened the door to leadership opportunities.

In addition to our multiple tracks at UK Healthcare and our regional partners, we are excited to share that this year we are adding an Orthopedic Surgery residency at UK Healthcare.

Medicine Tracks
Surgery Tracks

  *   Hospital Medicine

  *   Orthopedic Surgery

  *   Critical Care

  *   Acute Care Surgery and Trauma

  *   Neurology

  *   General Surgery

  *   Cardiology (Inpatient)

  *   Cardiac Surgery

We have an information session planned on February 28th at 12:30 pm EST. Interested students or PAs can register on our website: https://www.uky.edu/chs/pas-academic-residency-program

Residency programs are not for every PA graduate, but for those who want to invest another year into their education to specialize, build confidence and knowledge, I can attest that the program at UK is an excellent option. We are very proud of our program as we enter our 5th year. To date, 70% of our residents have been employed in Kentucky and 40% at their residency training location. At the same time, we have residents working all over the country as the residency program provides its graduates the experience and skills to land their dream job.

I hope that you will share this information (and attached flyer) with your current students and encourage them to reach out to us with any questions.

Sending my best,

[cid:image001.png at 01DA551A.A0E258B0]