[Pa24] AAPA Conference '23

Altman, Claudia cnaltman1114 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Nov 21 11:56:31 EST 2022

I was notified that this email did not reach everyone who was interested in
attending AAPA '23 in May. If you have already gotten this email and filled
out the commitment form then there is nothing else you need to do at this
time!
The commitment form, which is located at the end of this email, is due the
Monday we return from Thanksgiving break.
--

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your interest in the 2023 AAPA Conference! I know this is
early to think about, but I want to make sure you have all the information
as airline prices will continue to rise as we get closer to conference.

The conference is May 20th-24th 2022 in Nashville, TN. We will not have any
classes during the conference so, you will not miss any class material
while attending the conference. However, keep in mind that the conference
begins on a Saturday, and therefore you will need to plan accordingly if
you chose to leave on Friday. We will be expected to be in class until
*5pm* Friday,
May 20th.

As you are aware, the Fundraising Committee is in charge of raising funds
for the conference so that the attendees can be reimbursed. In order to
ensure fair distribution of the funds, you will be required to volunteer *15
Fundraising hours* (15 Fundraising hours= full reimbursement based on money
fundraised, 7 Fundraising hours = half reimbursement for expenses). This
DOES NOT count towards Community Service hours. Beth Bibey, our Fundraising
Chair, will ensure there are plenty of opportunities to receive your
fundraising hours. In addition, contributing to fundraising will help
ensure we can raise adequate funds to cover expenses and get reimbursed! In
previous years, they have reimbursed around $400 per person.

Registration for the conference has begun. I will be taking care of group
registration for the conference since it has to be done through
communication with AAPA staff and not through the website. Upon
registration, we will also have to reserve hotel rooms.

*FAQs:*

*What type of events and activities will be held at the AAPA conference?*

Check out the agenda for the conference here
<https://aapa2023.mapyourshow.com/8_0/explore/session-fulllist.cfm#/>.

*Where will we be staying during the event?*

Since Campbell will be registering as a group for the conference, this also
enables us to reserve a block of rooms which will give you the discounted
registration rate of $199. There are 18 hotels included in the AAPA block,
all vary in price & amenities. Please look at the hotel list on the
AAPA website
in the link provided below. You will list your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice in
the google form. The most popular top three will be submitted to AAPA. The
highest-ranked hotel with enough rooms for us will be selected by AAPA. If
you have already booked a hotel room please indicate that on the google
form.

Here is the link with all AAPA hotels: https://www.aapa
.org/conference/official-hotels/

*How will airfare and travel costs work?*

Conference-related expenses (airfare, transportation, hotel), will be
reimbursed after the conclusion of the conference. Reimbursement will be
dependent on how much we fundraise in total and your participation in
fundraising events.

You will need to save all receipts during your travel and both Rachel
Kaskie and Mrs. Stiltner will follow up with you on how to submit for
reimbursement.

*Will I be able to venture out and explore Nashville while I'm at the
conference?*

Yes! You will be able to explore the city if there are certain events you
don’t wish to attend during the conference. We do ask that you attend the
awards ceremony, quiz bowl challenge, and ultrasound challenge.

Feel free to text me at 804-721-7488 for any questions regarding the
conference.

Below is the link to the final interest form *confirming that you will be
attending AAPA 23*. Please fill out this interest form entirely because all
of that information is needed for group registration. *This form will close
on Monday, November 28th. *

https://forms.gle/q7RRkaciobopLGrd8

Thanks,