[Pa24] FW: Retreat for Women in Healthcare

Stiltner, Kristen A. stiltnerk at campbell.edu
Thu Nov 10 20:26:57 EST 2022

Hello,
Please see below.

Thank you,
Kristen Stiltner, MBA<mailto:stiltnerk at campbell.edu> | Campbell University

From: Jones, Kensey D <kdjones at campbell.edu>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2022 10:53 AM
Cc: Brown, Paige <brownp at campbell.edu>
Subject: Retreat for Women in Healthcare

Good Morning Program Managers,

I hope you all are doing well! Could you please send this out to your program's students today?

Thank you,
Kensey

The email below is being sent on behalf of Emily Beverly, Women in Medicine's Vice President.

Hello future female leaders in healthcare!

Women in Medicine and IPE are hosting "Retreat for Women in Healthcare" on Saturday, January 14th, from 9:30 AM-3:00 PM. This event will bring together women across Campbell University's health profession programs for a day full of spirited competition and team building. Participants will be placed into interprofessional teams and have the opportunity to win prizes and swag. Snacks and Lunch will be provided.

We will also be hosting a panel of female leaders from the Triangle community:

Dr. Keisha Gibson, MD, MPH, FASN- the Vice Chair of Diversity and Inclusion and Chief of the Pediatric Nephrology Division at UNC School of Medicine. She explores ethnic/socioeconomic disparities and its impact on patient outcomes.

Dr. Mira Brancu, PhD, M.Ed - CEO of Brancu and associates, Associate professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Duke, and author of Millennials Guide to Workplace Politics.

Dr. Meg Zomorodi, PhD, RN, CNL, RAAN- the director of the Rural Interprofessional Health Initiative (RIHI) and Associate Provost of IPE at UNC Chapel Hill and a UNC School of Nursing professor.

Dr. Jenna Carpenter, PhD- Campbell professor of Engineering with an extensive background in leadership across the country. Her research is focused on improving the number and success of women in STEM.

These brilliant women will discuss how women can encourage and amplify one another's voices in the workplace, their paths to leadership, and advice on combating obstacles and stereotypes.

Attendance is limited to 75 women and registration is on a first come first serve basis. It will be $10 to secure your seat, which includes lunch and a gift! Once we collect interest across the programs, we will send out a link to pay and confirm your spot. Submit your interest quickly, because we will fill up fast!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfedHvGovZXTjJ674bN26EodpQG_SIUVSRHORZSJ_1dPXbTbw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Any questions can be directed to Emily Beverly at e_beverly0829 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:e_beverly0829 at email.campbell.edu>. Thank you!
--
Emily Beverly
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine-