[Pa23] FW: EXTERNAL EMAIL: Seton Hall University PA Research Study Participation Request

Johnson, Betty Lynne bljohnson at campbell.edu
Tue Jan 24 15:12:12 EST 2023

FYI

From: Irma E Gallo-Perez <irma.perez at student.shu.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2023 11:29 AM
To: Joann Codella <Joann.Codella at shu.edu>
Subject: EXTERNAL EMAIL: Seton Hall University PA Research Study Participation Request

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Campbell University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Dear PA Program Director/Staff/Students,
We are Seton Hall University PA students and are conducting a research study looking to better understand if the education PAs receive during graduate school has an impact on their confidence in identification, evaluation, and management of patients with a history of sexual assault. We intend to investigate all accredited PA programs within the United States to determine the curricular hours dedicated to teaching how to identify, evaluate, and manage patients who have experienced sexual assault. Additionally, we intend to determine if a correlation exists between curricular hours committed to the topic of sexual assault and levels of self-perceived PA student confidence in identification, evaluation, and management of patients with a history of sexual assault.
We are requesting your permission and assistance in distributing the survey to both your clinical and didactic PA students. The link to the survey can be found at the bottom of this email and the attached consent form. It will only take students less than 10 minutes to complete when they each agree to participate after reading the informed consent. Identifiable personal information will not be collected, and students will only be asked to indicate which region of the US they attend PA school so no specific program or school can be identified.
Survey Web Link:  https://shu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d6ZhSm30zC9thC6<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshu.co1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_d6ZhSm30zC9thC6&data=05%7C01%7Cirma.perez%40student.shu.edu%7Ccfc7a75633e44199467e08daf1f0fd96%7C51f07c2253b744dfb97ca13261d71075%7C1%7C0%7C638088314593654397%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=JHz4HBkEoJCgNUXgTqUahbN037zlzRq7%2FmiZ%2F2EXa7s%3D&reserved=0>
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to read our email and consent form and hope you will help us reach our research goals. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our study, please feel free to email the primary investigator, Natalia Poltorak, natalia.poltorak at student.shu.edu<mailto:natalia.poltorak at student.shu.edu>.
Directors/staff, if you have already distributed our survey to your students we apologize for sending another email and thank you considerably for your cooperation. We would also like to thank all the students that have participated in our research; each response counts and brings us one step closer to achieve our goals.

Sincerely,

Tara Brebric, PA-S
Irma Gallo-Perez, PA-S
Barbara Goldman, PA-S