[Pa23] FW: EXTERNAL EMAIL: South College PA Student Capstone Research

Johnson, Betty Lynne bljohnson at campbell.edu
Mon Mar 21 08:53:53 EDT 2022

FYI

From: Mackenzie Kauffman <MK7057 at my.south.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 6:56 AM
Subject: EXTERNAL EMAIL: South College PA Student Capstone Research

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Campbell University. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello,

My name is Mackenzie Kauffman, I am a second year PA student at South College Knoxville. I, along with my classmates Erin Davis and Kelsey Welborn, will be performing a capstone research project this year. During our time in PA school, we have seen how PA school can impact the mental health of many students. The purpose of our research is to identify the prevalence of PA students experiencing symptoms of anxiety and depression as well as seeking treatment. The goal is to establish a baseline prevalence of anxiety and depressive symptoms and treatment among PA graduate students, in hopes that programs will use this information to encourage or provide adequate resources for their PA students.

To obtain the most prevalent and accurate data of current PA students in accredited programs across the US, we are requesting your permission and assistance in distributing the survey to your PA students. If your program approves the distribution of the survey link to your PA student body, it will only take students 3-5 minutes to complete when they each agree to participate after reading the informed consent. Identifiable personal information will not be collected, and students will only be asked to indicate which region of the US they attend PA school so no specific program or school can be identified.

Survey Web Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y9LBMSD

If you will allow your students to participate, please let us know when you have sent the survey link to your didactic and clinical students. The survey link will be open from March 19, 2022 to April 29, 2022. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to read our correspondence and hope you will consider distributing this survey to your PA student body. We look forward to hearing from you regarding your decision to distribute the survey link.

Best,

Mackenzie Kauffman, PA-S

South College Knoxville '22