[Pa23] AAPA announcements

Danielson, Justine jmdanielson0512 at email.campbell.edu
Mon Jun 27 07:56:36 EDT 2022

Good morning everyone,

Please read the updates below regarding AAPA and PAEA events.

*HOD Student Delegate Application-Last Call!*

Applications for the HOD Student Delegate <https://bit.ly/3GGbjqY> opportunity
close on June 29.

*New on News Central*

Advocacy & Policy Committee members Joshua Penninger and Jessica Yue
(Jessica is also the new Director of Diversity & Outreach on the Student
Board) shared how their universities provide options for further
training/education in caring for LBGTQ+ patients. Read more on News Central.
<https://www.aapa.org/news-central/2022/06/pa-students-learn-to-care-for-lgbtq-patients/>

*PA History Society: Leadership Opportunity*

The PA History Society is seeking a PA Trustee for a one-year term. The
deadline to apply is
<https://pahx.org/news/pahx-board-call-for-applications/> September 9,
2022. For more information on the role, visit the application page.
<https://pahx.org/news/pahx-board-call-for-applications/>

*PAEA: Listening Session on Doctoral Degrees Seeking PA Students*

The Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) has initiated a
fact-finding mission designed to explore the question of the profession
moving to a doctoral degree as the entry-level degree and would like to
invite you to participate in a confidential listening session. We intend to
examine the issue of entry-level PA doctoral education holistically and
will host a Doctoral Summit in early 2023 to explore this question.

We value your input and would like to better understand the student and
early career PA experience. We are excited to announce that we are
conducting several listening sessions over Zoom to better identify your
priorities and aspirations.  We expect to cover topics that include your
decision-making process for choosing a PA program and your general thoughts
on an entry-level PA doctoral degree.  Space is limited but if you are
interested in participating, please sign up for a listening session below:

   - Students -  PAEA Student Listening Session
   <https://appt.link/daphnie-pierre/paea-listening-session-student>

Thanks,
--
Justine Danielson