[Pa23] Surgery exam #3 clarification

Gerstner, Laura R. reedl at campbell.edu
Wed Feb 23 15:46:17 EST 2022

Hi all,

I understand that there are some discrepancies from the originally posted schedule on the surgery course syllabus and what was covered by each exam.  As always, please go by the number listed before the lecture/lab topic on the google calendar to know which exam the content will be tested on.  Vascular surgery was tested back on exam 2 and surgical documentation will be tested on exam 3 since it correlated directly with the hospital SIM/OSCE exercise (also tested on exam 3).

The surgery topics for this exam include:

  1.  Surgical documentation
  2.  Admission of the surgical patient
  3.  Care of the post-op patient
  4.  Hospital discharge
  5.  Trauma, Shock, and critical care
  6.  Urological surgery
  7.  Organ donation
  8.  Surgery for the Primary Care PA #3 (these objectives were updated since the syllabus was created by Dr. Fenn) - the objectives posted to Blackboard and today's lecture/slides are the correct material to study for this lecture!  I will post Christine's slides from today shortly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Mrs. G

Laura R. Gerstner, MHA, MSHS, PA-C
Director of Clinical Education & Associate Professor
Campbell University Physician Assistant Program
gerstnerl at campbell.edu
910-893-1252

https://apps.exxat.com/public/steps/Campbell-PA/Home