[lawmajordonors] Fwd: The Week Ahead | 11/1 - 11/7 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Tue Nov 2 07:07:34 EDT 2021

________________________________
From: CU-NAWSOL Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities <OSLPBO at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 8:58:17 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu <lawstudents at list.campbell.edu>; Raleigh Campus All Faculty and Staff <raleighcampusall at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Cc: lawbov at list.campbell.edu <lawbov at list.campbell.edu>
Subject: The Week Ahead | 11/1 - 11/7 | Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7CEFD.A7674650]

The Week Ahead

Campbell Law School Community Newsletter

on behalf of the Student Bar Association

Announcements

SBA Events Calendar + The Week Ahead Newsletter

Click HERE<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/1?cid=Y19wNXIzMHVra2I4cmczbzloMnVqNjNuYTl2OEBncm91cC5jYWxlbmRhci5nb29nbGUuY29t%20> to view the calendar of upcoming events at Campbell Law School. To publish your group’s activity in The Week Ahead and on the SBA Events Calendar, please fill out this form.<https://forms.gle/Go7BiKkp7vAsAC8XA>  The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for the following week’s newsletter. If you have any questions, please email Director of Student Life and Pro Bono Opportunities, Raven Byrne at rbyrne at campbell.edu<mailto:rbyrne at campbell.edu>.

SBA Student Spotlight

Know a Campbell Law Student that deserves some recognition? Nominate them for the SBA Student Spotlight! Simply tell us the nominee's name and why they deserve the spotlight for a day. Accomplishments do not have to be academic or law school related. Examples include: running in a 5K, volunteering, overcoming personal challenges, traveling, dedication to family or friends, heading up a project for a student organization, etc. Selected nominees will be featured on SBA's Instagram, @campbelllawsba. To nominate someone for the SBA Student Spotlight, click HERE.<https://forms.gle/tLwg4ib4Kw5HftkNA>

Course Evaluations

The course evaluation period began October 27th at 12:00pm and runs through midnight, November 28th.  All students will have an opportunity to evaluate each of their registered classes and professors.

HLSA Raffle Basket

The Hispanic Law Student Association will be selling raffle tickets for $10.00 for a chance to win the dream Comfort Gift Basket!! The basket is valued at $200! Ticket sales begin now and will end Monday, Nov 15th. ALL proceeds will go to the Alondra Bribesca Scholarship!

Events & Activities

Monday, November 1st

12:00pm-1:00pm

310

Peer Mentor

Section 1 Peer Mentor Meeting

Tuesday, November 2nd

12:00pm-1:00pm

309

SBA Meeting

12:00pm-1:00pm

310

NCBA Virtual Panel: Diversity in Corporate Law

If you are interested in corporate counsel or transactional work after graduation, please join us as we host the NCBA Minorities in the Profession (MIP) committee. During this virtual discussion, MIP members will share their insights on 1) what is transactional law and 2) how to navigate the corporate workplace as a diverse employee. While panelists will appear via Zoom, we’ll all gather together for a watch and lunch (which will be provided to the first 20 participants). If you are unable to attend in person, we welcome you to join via this Zoom link:

https://railinc.zoom.us/j/95202579112?pwd=UWZ2OXF0a21UYmlDVGR0WjB0d2FmUT09&from=addon.

Wednesday, November 3rd

12:00pm-1:00pm

Dean’s Conference Room

401F

Cambridge Program Information Session

Are you interested in gaining global experience and studying international law at one of the world's finest universities?  Might you be eager to travel and explore in the United Kingdom and Europe after spending so much time at home during the pandemic?  Are you curious about EU law, UK law, or human rights?  Have you ever wanted to visit and observe the Royal Courts of Justice or Parliament while they are in session?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, please join Professors Lukasik, Osborn, and Fields for a Cambridge Program information session!  We're looking forward to sharing information with you about the incredible and enriching opportunities available to you through our Cambridge study-abroad program and the Nottingham LLM!

Thursday, November 4th

12:00pm-1:00pm

413

Christian Legal Society

Bring your lunch and join us for our weekly Bible study!  We will be using the study book Opening Our Bibles and exploring how God's word fits in all aspects of our lives. Whether you read the Bible every day, grew up reading it but haven't lately, or are just beginning your faith journey, ALL are welcome! There is also a standing Prayer Box in the Commons.  Drop in a prayer/worry/concern that's on your heart and we will pray over them each week in Bible study.

4:00pm-5:00pm

105

First Thursdays with Campbell Business presents: Effective & Engaging Public Speaking with keynote speaker Brian Bowman

Join us in-person or virtually.  Learn to speak with confidence, give effective presentations, and avoid distracting behavior that dilutes your message.  Attendance is free, but registration is required.  To register visit https://bit.ly/Campbell-First-Thursday

Friday, November 5th

12:00pm-1:00pm

307

NS-MLSA presents: Afghan Series, Height of the War and the Way Ahead

We will be hosting Congressional Candidate, Retired Special Forces, and single leg amputee Jay Collins.  Jay will be discussing the height of the war to include counterinsurgency operations, governance, civil-military relations, the evacuation and post evacuation strategy.

12:15pm-1:00pm

313

Lawyers & Leaders Storyteller Series

Join Lawyers & Leaders for the final Storyteller event! Our guest Storyteller is Captain Kristen Griest, one of the first two women to graduate from the US Army’s Ranger School. Kristen’s efforts helped solidify the Department of Defense’s decision to open all combat arms branches to women in 2015. After this decision, Kristen became the first female Army Infantry officer in history. Join us to hear this impressive woman’s experiences in learning to lead herself. Register your attendance here!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0P9GH7K9uHR_Zc3M5tb1McKWfuIIJ3l153j-LdVZrhdhjVg/viewform?usp=sf_link> Please note, there will not be lunch available here. You are welcome to bring your own!

Saturday, November 6th

Sunday, November 7th

Looking Ahead

Wednesday, November 17th | 12:00pm – 1:00pm

Thanksgiving Lunch

Mark your calendars and be sure to join us for a Thanksgiving feast!  More information coming soon!

Additional Information

Questions, Suggestions, Comments, and/or Concerns?

Let SBA know using the Virtual Suggestion Box<https://forms.gle/BPWbEXtwYLLGtAH37>!  Submissions will be reviewed by the SBA Executive Board and discussed during bi-weekly SBA Council meetings. The outcome of Virtual Suggestion Box matters will be documented in SBA Meeting Minutes. Minutes are attached to the Week Ahead email following the SBA meeting. Students may submit anonymously; if contact information is provided, we will follow up with the outcome of your submission.

Health & Wellness Resources

[cid:image002.png at 01D7CEFD.A7674650]

Be sure to follow Campbell Law School on your favorite social media sites to stay up to date:

Facebook: Campbell University School of Law<https://www.facebook.com/campbelllawschool/> | Twitter: @CampbellLawNow,<https://twitter.com/CampbellLawNow> | Instagram: @Campbell_law<http://www.instagram.com/campbell_law/>