[lawmajordonors] FW: Spring Semester Covid Protocols

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Thu Dec 30 09:56:23 EST 2021

FYI

From: Leonard, J. Rich <leonardjr at campbell.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 9:55 AM
To: lawstudents at list.campbell.edu; Law School - Faculty & Staff <LawSchool-All at campbell.edu>; Law School - All Adjunct Faculty <LawSchool-AdjunctFaculty at campbell.edu>
Subject: Spring Semester Covid Protocols

Students,
Although the Omicron variant is complicating all of our lives, we are planning a return to in seat instruction for spring semester next Thursday, January 6.  To keep our community safe, please pay close attention to the following information:
These are Campbell University's guidelines for COVID vaccination submissions.  This is for the J&J one dose or Pfizer/Moderna two dose vaccines only.  We do not need proof of booster shots at this time.
Vaccinated prior to August 16, 2021:  If you were vaccinated prior to August 16, 2021 and submitted proof of your vaccination prior to the Fall 2021 semester, you will not need to provide any further information.
Vaccinated after August 16, 2021:  If you were vaccinated after August 16, 2021, you will need to submit proof of vaccination.  Please upload your vaccination information to the following link:  https://campbell.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dnIU2Feebyp4Vhk
No COVID vaccinations:  You must submit a negative COVID test taken within 48 hours before your start of classes to the following link:   https://campbell.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2coaJ1i2KhYnpOK; this is a link to the Wake County testing sites:  https://www.wakegov.com/covid-19-information/no-cost-covid-19-testing
COVID protocols for CUSOL remain the same as the fall semester:

  1.  If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, have developed symptoms or have tested positive, please email Dean Bridges (bridges at campbell.edu<mailto:bridges at campbell.edu>) and Sharon Sparks (ssparks at campbell.edu<mailto:ssparks at campbell.edu>) immediately.  Please do not contact individual professors.  If you are exposed or having symptoms, you will be required to test negative before returning to in seat classes.
  2.  Masks must be worn at all times unless you are eating.
  3.  Beverages are allowed during class but please re-cover your nose and mouth between sips.  Refrain from eating during class.  This creates a prolonged exposure to those around you.
  4.  If you have a Covid-required absence, your professors will be required to record their classes, and watching the recording will count as attendance.
Although we are not requiring boosters at this time, the evidence is clear that a booster shot dramatically increases immunity to the Omicron variant.  I encourage you to get one.  To that end, we are hosting a free booster clinic at the law school next Wednesday, January 5.  Although most of the slots are taken we will add capacity as students try to register.  You may register here:  https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/s1pyvbcg1y5xkqm/
We had a low number of positive cases in the fall semester with zero cases originating at the law school.  We want to continue to provide a safe and healthy environment for our faculty, staff and student body.   If you have any questions, please contact Dean Bridges or Sharon Sparks.
Dean Leonard