[Lawjudicialclerkship] Several new postings and a program

Underwood, Mallory T munderwood at campbell.edu
Wed Nov 29 12:06:19 EST 2023

Good afternoon Judicial Clerkship Listserv,

Several new 2L summer judicial internship and post grad judicial clerkship opportunities, all with the North Carolina Business Court in Charlotte, have just been posted. Remember that interning for a judge can be an excellent way to build your resume and develop experience for a post grad clerkship. We have a recent gad who is clerking with Judge Conrad now.

2L summer judicial internship with Judge Conrad
Symplicity #19554

2L summer judicial internship with Judge Bledsoe
Symplicity # 109552

Post Grad Judicial Law Clerk with Judge Conrad
Symplicity #18898

Post Grad Judicial Law Clerk with Judge Bledsoe
Symplicity # 19549

-------------------------

On another note, I have included below information on a program that is not specific to students interested in post grad clerkships, but it is being put on by the Director of Judicial Education at the Berkley Institute and a number of judges are involved in the program. Read on if you would like more information.

Berkeley Judicial Institute<https://www.law.berkeley.edu/research/bji/> seeks your help getting out the word about a 2024 virtual program for law students from the first, fourth, fifth, sixth, or ninth circuit law schools, Effective Communication Across Differences:

https://www.law.berkeley.edu/research/bji/events/2024-ecad/

The program is virtual, is provided for free to students, and features a spectacular group of mediators and judges.

The premise of the program:

“Meaningful dialogue with people with whom we disagree is challenging. The ability to communicate productively across differences can transform your career and your professional relationships. This hands-on small group program, designed to attract students across a broad spectrum of viewpoints, aims to help you hone your skills in engaging in conversations that demonstrate and request respect.”

Want to know more about the program?

Here is a video “advertising” a prior iteration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWx8uHuF6A

As always, reach out with any questions, and in the meantime, we wish you all continued good luck on exams!

Warm regards,

Mallory Taylor Underwood

Director of Career and Professional Development

Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law

225 Hillsborough Street, Suite 101

Raleigh, NC 27603

(919) 865-4689

Personal Zoom Room:

https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/5492620183

Employers: Post a job for a Current Law Student<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/qidlrne1km7ll5/> | Graduate/Alumni<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/q13wlxj071m4mx/>

[cid:cce1e0c0-07e5-4c77-9fc9-76d0ec27a987]