[Law25] CHIEF JUSTICE NEWBY to join Thursday's Small Town panel

Underwood, Mallory T munderwood at campbell.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:25:34 EST 2023

Good afternoon,

We have an exciting panel coming to the law school on Thursday, and some significant updates we would like to share.

We were just advised today that Chief Justice Newby and his chief of staff, Liz Henderson, will be joining the Small Town practice panel this Thursday. We are delighted to welcome them and want to make sure all are aware of this update.

In his capacity as Co-Executive Director of Chief Justice Newby’s Commission on Professionalism, Jimbo Perry of Perry, Perry & Perry in Kinston,  is engaging with Campbell and other NC law schools to raise awareness of small-town legal opportunities and all that a small town practice has to offer. Mr. Perry is in the process of helping create a committee to facilitate connections between interested law students and practitioners in small towns throughout the state, and attending this event is a wonderful opportunity for you as students.

The event, which is intended to be interactive and a chance for our distinguished panel to get to know students, will be held this Thursday, February 23 from 12-1:00 in room 309. Serving as moderator, Mr. Perry will be joined by NC Supreme Court Chief Justice Paul Newby and NC Court of Appeals Judge Jeffery Carpenter along with Keith Gordon from the Johnston County DA's office (alum), and Bob Warlick (alum) and Davidson Myers from The Warlick Law Firm in Jacksonville, NC.

Our guests will remain after the event to continue discussions with students who do not have class.  This is an exceptional networking opportunity, and we encourage you to consider attending if your schedule permits.

It is important that you register in Symplicity ASAP if you would like to be included for lunch at the event.

As always, please reach out with questions.

Have a good afternoon!

Warm regards,

Mallory Taylor Underwood

Director of Career and Professional Development Center

Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law

225 Hillsborough Street, Suite 101

Raleigh, NC 27603

(919) 865-4689

Employers: Post a job for a Current Law Student<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/qidlrne1km7ll5/> | Graduate/Alumni<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/q13wlxj071m4mx/>

[https://attachments.office.net/owa/munderwood%40campbell.edu/service.svc/s/GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADU2NmY2NjBkLWM5YjQtNGUwMy1iZjliLTgxMDY3ZWVjNjNhZABGAAAAAABty1DhRl6FTpA1If6pKK7FBwCoQU12EIkjQ7CR2gDmGp9BAAAAAAEMAACoQU12EIkjQ7CR2gDmGp9BAAAQMfH0AAABEgAQAOGc3Cdz4GFLnVEkJSr0bDY%3D&thumbnailType=2&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQbVEifQ.eyJvcmlnaW4iOiJodHRwczovL291dGxvb2sub2ZmaWNlMzY1LmNvbSIsInVjIjoiZDAwNmVlZDVjYzA1NDA2Mjk5OTc3ZmQxZDNiYmRjNjIiLCJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDk4YzRhM2MyLTI0YzMtNDBkOS1iMThmLTQxNzcxOTBhMWI1YSIsImlzc3JpbmciOiJXVyIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHVpZFwiOlwiMTE1MzgwMTEyMTM5OTY5ODcwNlwiLFwic2NvcGVcIjpcIk93YURvd25sb2FkXCIsXCJvaWRcIjpcIjFhOTZiOWE4LTBjNjYtNGUwYS1hODY0LWQ2ZmQ4NzRjMzY2ZFwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTUtMjEtMzcyMjUyNDY5OS0zMzU3MjI4MjYwLTE3OTQ2MzM5ODUtMTU1NDgxNDVcIn0iLCJuYmYiOjE2NzcwMTQ0ODgsImV4cCI6MTY3NzAxNTA4OCwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxLWNlMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQDk4YzRhM2MyLTI0YzMtNDBkOS1iMThmLTQxNzcxOTBhMWI1YSIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50cy5vZmZpY2UubmV0QDk4YzRhM2MyLTI0YzMtNDBkOS1iMThmLTQxNzcxOTBhMWI1YSIsImhhcHAiOiJvd2EifQ.KDXcdoIzE-xFEviACTZJPJDGfX0r3wi83S7nZ1Uz9vVzH4TVWqvk-Taqb8aqM77EZkQOf0pwiyS8sNPvSuCOHDqii8o3u8Nz3AaFdnb4gWWurmvUmwS_7MIS-akn1PssI6CNvqigyN8Bd1Bgeqql3LIuYHonval8J8SGKERdBBoVPR-jGfPZmVINK72p2gM5ulxfh-CviQF6X2Abq02OvsQOPNSkBF-T7BuJzi8uVj24DTUo-DO9zzjON16MVWXHyBrK-0QQh4udmo8uy--YVq4qpSEnnxe65Bjrn95Sk-KC8c35SfwZDbYJy6zWQCFxOSLZRkT6F42HARHL8rfMjQ&X-OWA-CANARY=4DWeezeV9E2mQ-HnHr1GKjC7rQJSFNsYS8QBckezcJKkehtpANO7-AI1zh8dJy6UOpSUQ9GOazQ.&owa=outlook.office365.com&scriptVer=20230210007.07&animation=true]