[Law25] Upcoming 1L Resume Review Meetings and Thank You

Giancola, April M agiancola at campbell.edu
Fri Sep 9 12:46:25 EDT 2022

Good afternoon,

On behalf of the Career Center, thank you for participating in our 1L programming last week on Resume/Cover Letter writing and Symplicity/Blackboard basics. Please visit Blackboard to see the recordings and slide decks, as well as other resources regarding those topics.

On Wednesday, September 14th you will receive an email from Symplicity with the date and time of your MANDATORY 1 on 1 meeting with the Center to review your drafted resume. These meetings will start as of Sept 15th and be scheduled for 15 mins during a time you do not have class.

If you cannot attend b/c of a conflict we were unaware of, please email Dean Giancola or Director Underwood (whomever your assigned counselor is) to R/S. Remember the following:

  1.  Before your mtg (w/in 24-48 hrs.) upload your resume to Symplicity (word version preferred);
  2.  If we do not see a resume uploaded, your mtg will be R/S for another time before Nov 1st;
  3.  Once you are confirmed to have conducted your mtg, you will gain access to the Symplicity job bank as of Nov 1st.
  4.  If you are unable to hold the before Nov. 1st. you will be unable to access the job bank until that task has been completed.
  5.  Understand that this meeting is only the beginning of your journey with us at the Career Center. We know that 15 mins is just a snippet into who you are and your WHY. We will have plenty of opportunities to talk more during the year.

Understand that all of this is being done so once you hit December 1st, you will be ready to start looking for a summer job in earnest. In January, you will also have an opportunity to participate in Career Week where we will have several programs to prepare you for Spring On Campus Interviews (OCI) and other Spring job opportunities.

Let us know if you have questions and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Best regards,
April

April M. Giancola, Esq. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Dean of Career and Professional Development
Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law
225 Hillsborough Street, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27603

Students:  request an appointment<https://law-campbell-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php?signin_tab=0&PHPSESSID=2f167499d26637e928909d58103fb998&signin_tab=0> (if you cannot find a time, please email)
Employers: Post a job for a Current Law Student<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/qidlrne1km7ll5/> | Graduate/Alumni<https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/q13wlxj071m4mx/>
Visit our website<https://law.campbell.edu/succeed/career-center/>
Personal Zoom Room<https://campbell-edu.zoom.us/j/4686177597?pwd=cmRCQXdBRU90NW81K2xCTWpkN3R4UT09>
agiancola at campbell.edu<mailto:agiancola at campbell.edu>
Office: 919-865-5894  |  Fax: 919-856-5993

[Image preview]