[Cusom27] A message form Dr. Stewart

CUSOM Medical Education cusommeded at campbell.edu
Wed Jun 5 15:10:05 EDT 2024

Greetings rising MS-2's-

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying some time off from school. As part of your preparation for the Block 5 Cardiology Course we are asking that you read Dubin's "Rapid Interpretation of EKG's" before returning to campus for the fall semester. We have discovered over the years that this helps students considerably with learning EKG interpretation which is a crucial component of the course.

Dubin's book can be accessed through the CUSOM library but you can also purchase a hard copy if you choose. In past years students have handed down copies to those who followed them so you may want to reach out to the MS-3 or MS-4 students to see if that is an option.

There will be a quiz on the material covered in Dubin's book which is part of the MS-2 Clinical Skills Course. If you read the book (which is not a difficult read) you should do fine on the quiz.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon and please come back well rested-I have found that to be a consistent predictor of success in Block 5.

Dr. Stewart

Christopher W. Stewart, MD, FACP, FHM
Vice-Chair and Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Medical Director-Campbell University PA Program
Post Office Box 4280  Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
4350 US Hwy 421 South  Lillington, North Carolina 27546
Levine Hall 179 | Toll Free (855) 287-6613
  (910) 893-1778 |  Fax (910) 893-1777 stewartc at campbell.edu<mailto:stewartc at campbell.edu>

Warm Regards,
MedEd

[cid:image001.png at 01DAB75A.7105B4F0]
Office of Assessment, Accreditation and Medical Education
Post Office Box 4280  Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
4350 US 421 South  Lillington, North Carolina 27546
Phone: 910-893-1879
Levine Hall, Offices 187 - 194 | cusommeded at campbell.edu<mailto:cusommeded at campbell.edu>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication. Thank you.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL 910-893-1879.