[Cusom27] CUCCC Volunteer Sign-Up Information

Pipes, Deborah A dpipes at campbell.edu
Wed Sep 20 09:28:49 EDT 2023

Sent on behalf of CUCCC Leadership:

Hi all,

The volunteer sign-up link will be sent out at 12:30pm today. However, before that, here are some general rules about how to sign up and how the "waves" sign-up will happen. We'd love to have all of you be able to volunteer in block 2, but we unfortunately have a limited number of slots so we had to get a little creative with the sign up method. Anyone who doesn't get the opportunity to volunteer in Block 2 will have priority to sign up in Block 3!

Ok so a few general rules/info before I get into the nitty gritty:

1. Standing clinic (First Choice Community Health) is on Tuesdays.
Mobile clinic is on Mondays (Harnett - right next to school, where the mobile clinic buses are parked) and Wednesdays (Duplin-about 45 min drive, you will meet in the parking lot and will go in the bus together). You will need to arrive by 5pm - 5:15pm for the start of your clinic shift. Dress code is business casual for standing clinic and scrubs for mobile clinic. You must bring your white coat, stethoscope, and your laptop. More details to come at training!

2. There is no GPA requirement to volunteer. You only must attend the volunteer training on 10/10 at 1:30pm or 3:30pm.

3. Everyone who signs up for a shift must sign up for a minimum of one alternate shift.

An alternate is someone who is not technically on the schedule for that day, but keeps the day available should someone call out sick. History has shown that it is very likely that at least one person from any given week may call out sick so please keep that in mind when selecting alternate shifts. So you should have your name in two places in the sign up genius: 1. one for the date you are actually volunteering, and 2. another date where you will be the "alternate."

4.  Everyone will have the opportunity to sign up for one volunteer shift first, and then if there are shifts leftover at the end of sign up anyone can grab those.

5. If there are still people who want to sign up for shifts after all the slots are gone, we will start a waitlist and those who do not have shifts can sign up there. Again, if you do not get a shift in Block 2 you will be prioritized in Block 3.

6. You won't receive an email exactly when the next wave opens, just follow the timelines listed below and sign up using the same signup genius link.

Now for block 2, we will be rolling out the schedule in 3 waves.

First wave: We're going to prioritize students who are definitely applying to leadership positions. So if you are applying for CUCCC leadership, you should sign up for a shift in the first wave. However, if we do not receive an application from you and you signed up during the first wave, you may be removed from the shift to allow someone who did apply for leadership to volunteer. Everyone eligible in the first wave should sign up for one shift AND one alternate shift. Ms. Debi Pipes will send out the signup genius link at 12:30pm today, this will mark the opening of the first wave. If you are not sure whether or not you want to apply for leadership, please sign up in the second wave so we can prioritize students who are certain they are applying for leadership. First wave shift selections will be due Friday, September 22 at 4:59pm.

Second wave: everyone who is not applying for leadership will have the option to sign up for one shift. As for the first wave, everyone in the second wave is also required to sign up for one alternate shift. Second wave shift selections will open at 5:00pm on Friday, September 22 and will be due Friday, September 29 at 4:59pm.

Third wave: everyone can sign up for the remaining shifts and you all can select as many remaining shifts as you'd like. Alternatively, this is when I will open the waitlist if all the slots are full. The third wave opens on Friday, September 29 at 5:00pm. There is no due date for signing up for these shifts, so feel free to check back regularly throughout the block and sign up for any extra shifts if you feel your schedule allows.

****If you can speak Spanish and are interested in interpreting, please disregard all the above rules and sign up under the "interpreter" slot whenever you are available. We generally can always use more interpreters! Isabella Ramirez, our lead interpreter, will reach out to you with more information after you sign up.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me (m_mishra0130 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:m_mishra0130 at email.campbell.edu>) or our scheduler Anna La Dine (a_ladine1106 at campbell.edu<mailto:a_ladine1106 at campbell.edu>).

Thanks!

Manisha Mishra, MA
MS-2, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
Executive Director, Campbell University Community Care Clinic
E: m_mishra0130 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:m_mishra0130 at email.campbell.edu>
C: 914-318-2307

Blessings,

Debi

Debi Pipes
Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #115 | 910-893-1784 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9EB05.1B3E4590]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1784.