[Cusom27] FW: CUSOM Student Research of the Year- Call for Applicants

Bryant, Wendy D wbryant at campbell.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:02:57 EDT 2023

This message is being sent on behalf of the Student Researcher of the Year (SROY) Chairperson.

Blessings,
Wendy

Wendy D. Bryant, PhD (ABD)
Assistant Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #123 | 910-893-1846 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9FB60.AAFFE6F0]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1846.

Dear CUSOM Students,

I am pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for CUSOM’s Student Researcher of the Year (SROY).

The Student Researcher of the Year Award (SROY) is an award presented annually by the Council of Osteopathic Student Government Presidents (COSGP), a council of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM), to student researchers who demonstrate excellence in their commitment to research during their medical school years. Each School or College of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM/COM) will select a school SROY, and these school winners will go on to compete for the National SROY Award. The National SROY will be announced at the 2024 AACOM Annual Meeting and will be the recipient of a monetary award (amount which will be formally determined at a later date).

The SROY Award Recipient must be a full-time student at a SOM/COM and cannot be a previous school or national Student Researcher of the Year (SROY) recipient.

**Applicants must be in good academic and professional standing with a 3.0 GPA and NOT have any professionalism or Honor Code violations. **

For more information regarding this award, please see the attached PDF of the SROY Protocol.
Deadline: We will be accepting applications from November 1st through November 30th, 2023.

Process for SROY Applicants:

I have attached the application below so that you can prepare your application ahead of time. A fillable PDF will be sent out later this month for you to complete and submit. Below is the link that you will use to submit your application beginning November 1st 2023. If a letter of recommendation writer is more comfortable with submitting the letter themselves, you can send them the link and have them put your name on the form, or they can email them to me directly at tecunningham1019 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:tecunningham1019 at email.campbell.edu>.

https://forms.gle/2pLBw5qviFJPFUg16

If you have any questions regarding this award or applications, please reach out to me via email at tecunningham1019 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:tecunningham1019 at email.campbell.edu>. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Taylor Cunningham