[Cusom27] White Coat Ceremony DETAILS!

Pipes, Deborah A dpipes at campbell.edu
Tue Aug 8 10:23:21 EDT 2023

Good morning, Class of 2027!

We hope you are feeling more settled into the routine of medical school now and are having a great week! We wanted to give you some important information regarding our upcoming Class of 2027 White Coat Ceremony.

Our Class of 2027 White Coat Ceremony will be on Friday, October 13th at 2:00pm in Hobson Performing Arts Center in D. Rich Hall (on main campus).

We are sure you are getting excited to celebrate with your family and loved ones! We have included some detailed information below, but don’t worry….there will be plenty of reminders as well as a class information meeting! Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

PLEASE fill out the following White Coat Wufoo survey immediately EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING!
It contains important information regarding family coaters as well as program details!
https://cuweb.wufoo.com/forms/cusom-class-of-2027-white-coat-ceremony/

Most Frequently Asked Questions:

  1.  How many tickets can I get?

Due to limited space in the auditorium, each student will receive 4 tickets (even if they are not attending). If you feel you will need more than 4 tickets, please reach out to fellow students who may not be using all 4 of theirs (on the class Facebook page etc.). Tickets are for ANY seat, not assigned seats. Also, just to let you know, Graduation will be held in GORE Arena on main campus and there will be unlimited seating for that special day!

  1.  Do children need tickets?

If the child is small enough to fit on a lap, then they do not need a ticket. If the child will need their own seat, then they would need a ticket.

  1.  Who can coat me?

Any family member who is a DO or MD. You will provide their contact information on the Wufoo. We may also ask you to do a video voice recording for pronunciation purposes, as your coater will be announced as well. If you have a family coater, they are ONE of your 4 tickets.

  1.  What should my family coater wear?

He or she may wear business professional clothing (no white coats).

  1.  If I don’t have a family coater, who will coat me?

Your Advisor will coat you (or another member of CUSOM Administration in case your Advisor is unable to attend).

  1.  What do students wear at the Ceremony?

Business professional attire (just shirt and tie for men; no jackets needed). You will bring your white coat with you to the ceremony (of course)! 😉

  1.  What do other people attending wear?

That is at their discretion. No set dress code for attendees! ☺

  1.  What about family members who cannot attend the Ceremony?

We will have a livestream link that we will forward to students to send to friends/family before the ceremony.

  1.  What about family members who need assistance?
We will have golf carts available to help transport guests from the Convocation parking lot to D. Rich Hall. We will also have a section reserved for guests who have mobility issues.

  1.  Is attendance mandatory?

No, but this is a very special time in your medical education, so we hope you can join us! If you will NOT be attending, please designate that on the Wufoo survey. EVERYONE must fill out the survey (whether or not they are attending).

Other helpful information:

  *   We will meet and line up in the Student Union Ballroom and then process over to Hobson.
  *   The program should last approximately  1 ½ hours.
  *   After the ceremony, you are free to enjoy the rest of your day with your family and loved ones. There are no structured activities or receptions following the Ceremony.
  *   Other important dates:
     *   Tuesday, October 10th at 12:00 Noon (in your lecture hall) – mandatory meeting to discuss important ceremony details (instead of a separate ‘rehearsal’) & ticket distribution
     *   Wednesday, October 11th from 12:00 Noon on -  distribution of white coats – 1st floor Lobby
     *   Thursday, October 12th at 12:00 Noon – Class of 2027 photo wearing white coats in front of Levine Hall (bring your white coat with you!)
     *   Friday, October 13th - Plan on arriving to the Student Union building by 1:00pm on Friday, October 13th to line up for the ceremony. (bring your white coat with you!)

We can’t wait to celebrate this milestone with you! Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Blessings,

Debi

Debi Pipes
Director of Student Affairs
School of Osteopathic Medicine | Campbell University
Post Office Box 4280 | Buies Creek, North Carolina 27506
Levine Hall Office #115 | 910-893-1784 | medicine.campbell.edu<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D9C563.28E54AD0]<http://medicine.campbell.edu/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or reply by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your computer system.  There is no intent on the part of the sender to waive any privilege, including the attorney-client privilege, that may attach to this communication.  Thank you. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL ME IMMEDIATELY AT 910-893-1784.