[Law24] Moot Court Team Tryouts - APPLICATION & SAVE THE DATE

Matney, Mary A matney at campbell.edu
Wed Oct 18 16:16:17 EDT 2023

Dear 2L & 3L Students,

We are excited to begin the process of selecting the next group of dynamic advocates for the Campbell Law Moot Court Team.  This year we will be sending teams to compete in a variety of moot court competitions throughout the nation.  Moot court tryouts are open to all second and third year students.

Tryouts for the Campbell Law Moot Court Team are scheduled for Tuesday, October 24th from 5pm until 7pm in the Boyce Courtroom.  Candidates participating in the moot court tryout process must present to a panel of faculty and adjunct coaches on behalf of either Respondent or Petitioner (as you prefer) for a period of no more than 5 minutes utilizing the case file from the 2023 Richard A. Lord Intramural Moot Court Competition.  You may choose to argue only a single issue (again, whichever issue you prefer) and will only be questioned on your issue. Additionally, your argument will be on brief only.

Please use this link to sign up for a tryout time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0845ADAF23A2FF2-45337459-campbell

Also attached is the Moot Court Team Tryout Application. Once you have completed your application, please scan your tryout application, your resume, your class schedule, then work schedule (if applicable) in that order. These materials should be emailed to: matney at campbell.edu<mailto:matney at campbell.edu> and tspears at campbell.edu<mailto:tspears at campbell.ed> by 5:00 pm on Monday, October 23, 2023.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email me.

I strongly encourage anyone interested to sign up for tryouts.

Best regards,

Mary Ann Matney
Director of Competitive Advocacy
Phone: (919) 865-4481