[Law24] ABA Legal Education Police Practices Consortium Student Fellowship Program

Porter, Anjanette W aporter at campbell.edu
Wed Jul 26 08:38:15 EDT 2023

Dear Students,

I am excited to announce that the application period has opened for the Fall 2023 American Bar Association Legal Education Police Practices Consortium student fellowship program. The ABA Legal Education Police Practices Consortium (LEPPC) has been formed to contribute to the national effort to examine and address legal issues in policing and public safety, including conduct, oversight, and the evolving nature of police work. More information about the LEPPC and the Fellowship Program can be find in the attached document.

Fellows should be prepared to attend a weekly 2-3 hour session with LEPPC, meet with me for an hour a week, and work an additional 2-3 hours on LEPPC projects.  If you have further questions about the time commitment for the program, please contact the current fellow, Jaden Grimes, at jagrimes0715 at email.campbell.edu<mailto:jagrimes0715 at email.campbell.edu>.

As a member of the LEPPC, Campbell Law School is authorized to select one fellow for the Fall 2023 semester, with a possibility of continuing through Spring 2024. You will work with our current fellow; he began in Spring 2023.  As the Campbell Law faculty advisor for LEPPC Fellows, I am soliciting applications from all interested second-year and third-year law students, and kindly request that any interested student complete the application process outlined below on or before AUGUST 8. Please email all completed materials directly to me at ekenny at campbell.edu<mailto:ekenny at campbell.edu>.

Many thanks, and good luck!

Professor Kenny

LEPPC SPRING 2023 FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

Submit the following documents via email in Word or PDF format on or before August 8:

1. A professional resume, which includes Campbell Law GPA, class rank, and at least one Campbell law faculty reference.

2. A short (500 words max) statement explaining the applicant's interest the position.

3. A short (250 words max) statement answering the following question: "A component of the ABA fellowship program includes collecting data about individual police departments protocols across the country in a range of areas, including the use of body cameras and the use of force. Why is such empirical data gathering important and what should be done with this data?"

Prof. Erin A. Kenny
Professor of Law
Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law
225 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Office:  (919) 865-5891

Anjanette W. Porter, MA
Faculty Administrative Assistant
225 Hillsborough Street Raleigh, NC  27603
Direct Line: (919) 865-4656
Ext. 4656
Office 432
aporter at campbell.edu  |   law.campbell.edu