[pt2025] DEI Representative August Resources

Carter, Erin emcarter0405 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Aug 15 13:15:54 EDT 2023

Good Afternoon,

For those who might not remember, I am our class's Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion Representative. I know that we all are busy and our time is
precious so each month I will be sharing resources on an important topic
related to DEI. *Please feel free to* *engage on your own terms.* Each
month you will find things like videos, journal articles, news/ pop culture
articles, podcasts, and reflective activities relating to each topic.

This month I gathered information on Identity and Intersectionality (which
goes perfectly with our discussions in DPT 728!). This month's resources
can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BKhaoH6XkAE7uJgdT46E4jD2wS8-rGw1>,
attached above, or in our class google drive's DEI resources folder.

Identities are the qualities, beliefs, personality traits, appearance,
and/or expressions that characterize a person or group. Learning about our
own identities and how they interact with each other is a great first step
to growing our cultural humility and best supporting our patients.

*ALSO! Monday, August 21st at 12:30 Katie, the class of 2024's DEI rep, and
I are hosting a discussion on the topic of identity, labels, and
intersectionality. I will share the location in the groupme later this
week!*

If you have questions or concerns, suggestions, or want to talk further
about any topic, please let me know!

Happy learning :)

*Erin Carter, M.Ed, SPT*
she/her/hers
*Doctor of Physical Therapy Student*
*Class of 2025 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Representative*
*Campbell University, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences*
*Cell: 919-710-1675*