[Pt2024] March DEI Resource - Indigenous People and Land Acknowledgements

Carter, Erin emcarter0405 at email.campbell.edu
Tue Mar 5 19:06:35 EST 2024

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to those 2nd years who responded to my DEI survey. I got some great
ideas and will work to acknowledge all of the topics throughout the year!

Attached to this email I have provided the March DEI resources.
*Please* *engage
on your own terms.* This month we are learning more about accessibility.
March's resource can be found here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PLtZ_xOqFBAQrLGTwXmD6x6fnzJTykf1/view?usp=drive_link>,
attached, or in our class google drive's DEI resources folder.

Do you know what a land acknowledgement is? Have you ever thought about the
native people who lived on the land of Buies Creek before Campbell
University was established? This month's brochure is so insightful! I
learned a lot about the history of Harnett County, how impactful (or
not...) land acknowledgements can be, and how to support indigenous people
through action.

As always, if you have questions, concerns, suggestions, or want to talk
further about any topic, please let me know!

Happy learning :)

*Erin Carter, M.Ed, SPT*

she/her/hers
*Doctor of Physical Therapy Student*
*Class of 2025 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Representative*
*CPHS Student Ambassador*
*Campbell University, College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences*
*Cell: 919-710-1675*