[Pt2024] APTA NC Annual Conference

Leineke, Lori A leineke at campbell.edu
Wed Jun 26 10:56:03 EDT 2024

Students,

I hope you are doing well and enjoying your clinical experience.  It’s quiet here on campus without you.

I’m contacting you in hopes that you consider submitting a poster to be presented at the APTA NC Annual Conference.  This year, the conference will be held on Friday/Saturday, Oct. 11-12, at High Point University.  Many of the projects you completed for Clinical Reasoning II, Clinical Reasoning III, and for Dr. M Green’s class could easily be made into a poster.  There are Student Awards given out to the best posters, too!

The submission deadline is August 2, 2024.  An abstract (not the full poster) is needed to submit.  If your abstract is accepted, you then can create a poster. I’m happy to assist you, or you can reach out to other faculty members to get advice.  The link for the abstract submission can be found here<https://epsig.my.canva.site/research-poster-2024>.

I realize that the conference is during your clinical affiliation.  We have policies in place in the Clinical Education Handbook regarding taking time away from the clinic for educational purposes.  If you are doing well in your clinical affiliation and making appropriate progress, you and your clinical instructor can determine if this opportunity is right for you. The following is from your Clinical Education Handbook:

Students may have the opportunity to participate in professional development experiences. Professional development experiences are approved on a case-by-case basis by the DCEs via email two weeks prior. Students must then follow the policies/procedures of the facility for communication of the need for an absence. Approval of an absence is ultimately at the discretion of the CI.

I’m happy to help! Please reach out with any questions.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lori Leineke, PT, DPT, EdD

Board Certified in Orthopedic Physical Therapy

Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program

P.O. Box 1090, Buies Creek NC 27506

4150 US Highway 421 South

Lillington, NC 27546

Cell: (910) 978-9860

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/14a7e3f601ba41bcb37bd38a99eca4b5@campbell.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>

Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/14a7e3f601ba41bcb37bd38a99eca4b5@campbell.edu?anonymous&ep=bwmEmailSignature>

Receiving this email outside of normal working hours?  Managing work and life responsibilities is unique for everyone. I have sent this email at a time that works for me.  Please respond at a time that works for you.